• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Derek

1. D

electric fan temp sender location

Thanks, kind of what I was thinking, I have an alloy adapter for the top hose, just not much room to work with and it needs a bit of modification. I will stick to that as I want this to work, that port in the head was just so tempting.
  2. D

electric fan temp sender location

Hello all, I am installing an electric radiator fan to the SV. My car has the port at the back of the head for the added water passage as on the earlier series, I had it tapped to a standard thread when I had the head done. The question is, the temp sending unit will thread in to this...
  3. D

Steering relay bracket

Oh joy, many of us now use grease in the steering box as they are a bit prone to leaks, I have gone this way and did not notice any difference, grease is pretty much just thick oil after all. Have fun with the rebuild and watch those shims.
  4. D

Series V Fuel Tank Bracket Bolts Color

Mine are painted body color, I have a late SV
  5. D

Steering relay bracket

Hello, my SV was the opposite of yours, very loose. When you say "shims at both ends" it sounds as if it may have been tampered with in its past. Do you have the WSM 145 ? you can download the section you need from the Tech Data on this site. The relay lever assembly has a lot of special...
  6. D

seat side plates - how are they held on!

side plate Yes small screws at the front and rear. at least on the SV
  7. D

Backup Light Wiring and Sheet Metal Shift Plate

back up lights this switch also uses thin washers to set the distance of through. if you are having issues you may need to add or subtract washers ( they are very thin) to get the lights to illuminate. been there.
  8. D

Drain hose ?

As to the holes, on my SV the wires for the lamps are routed through a grommet in the center hole and the other two have rubber plugs. No idea if this is factory correct. Derek
  9. D

odd turn signal function

It was the grounds, cleaned up the clips and all is working now. So now I know that when a Sunbeam has any electrical issue start with the ground and go from there. Thanks all, Derek
  10. D

odd turn signal function

Hi, I am having a new issue, my right front turn indicator is flashing the running ( head lamp side) light instead of the flasher, the left works fine. I have checked the wiring diagram and it is wired correctly, of course I swapped them just to be sure. I have checked the switches and...
  11. D

SV badge and surround support

I am in need of the mounting bracket for the badge surround, mine has broken and in the process ejected the sunbeam badge so I am in need of that as well. SS does not have them, I checked. I could have the bracket welded and the badge is available in the UK but I am hoping for a simpler...
  12. D

Wanted - Over-rider

overrider Hi Paul, I have a box of SV over riders (5 plus the 4 on my car) and none have the plate welded to the back like shown in you photo, some have had the bolt welded to the over rider but I think this was a user mod to keep it from spinning I have one for you if you want it just let...
  13. D

Hard top headliner bows

Thanks Dan, When I get to the liner I am certain this will save a lot of time and anger. Derek
  14. D

Hard top headliner bows

Was organizing the garage a bit an bundled up the line bows fro a late top. Noticed that the ends are color coded, blue, yellow, red and green. Any idea what order they go in ? top resto down the road but would be good to know Thanks Derek
  15. D

Windshield to body seal?

In the slit in the seal, I used a bead of silicon as well in the slit. I live in very wet Oregon and use my car year round, no issues Derek