• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by coupe

1. C

LED headlights

Bill, have to ask what is TLAR headlight aming, not sure I've ever herd of it. coupe
  2. C

Quieting an 8 inch?

Bill, a lot of times the whine in a diff. is due to improper gear lash. Whine on acceleration or deceleration can be a factor of pinion riding on the toe or heal of the ring gear, I don't think heavier oil will do the job of a proper setup. Just my 2 cents anyway. coupe
  3. C

66 Faux Tiger

there are a few things that will make a starter click like that, poor ground, solinoid contacts dirty from arcing....mostly older units, corroded terminals on the battery resulting in a lower battery state of charge. I assume you have a divorced solinoid, if so try a new one and see if that does...
  4. C

66 Faux Tiger

Hey Jose, back in the very late 60's a friend put in a 283 chevy mill into an alpine, we did alot of chopping to do it. it ran like a scalded dog but had the heat problems of the tigers, and it would eat a tigers lunch! But being young we had not the finess to make it look good... it just ran...
  5. C

V6 Bell Housing (Ford)

I have almost the same print out on the caltracs. the video is quite impressive I just may do this, that pinion didn't shift at all and the rear floated just fine. Besides the build price is a good one. Coupe
  6. C

distributor fitting

I'm using the smaller duraspark dizzy and the box also I have never had a spark problem. The next thing I want to do is put the box in the cabin to save it from the hot engine compartment, it's got 800 miles on it but it's not if it will fail it's when. I think mine was a pinto dizzy. Coupe
  7. C

V6 Bell Housing (Ford)

I looked at the bars and have seen another type called caltrac. They have a bell crank setup that pushes down on the spring at the wrap up point, I see the cost is high but don't know which is the better to use. If any one can say if they are any good I think I might fabricate a set for myself...
  8. C

V6 Bell Housing (Ford)

Hi Jose, the car runs very well. I've put 800 miles on it, I may put some time into the carb cause she loads up a little on hot days when a long idle time happens and sometimes stalls and is hard to restart. I have not tried to do to much rubber into smoke till I can makeup some type of...
  9. C

V6 Bell Housing (Ford)

I am sorry, I feel like a fool I've searched for those files and can not find the location. If and when I can find them I will post, till then the search goes on, again sorry. Coupe
  10. C

Gas pedal for suspended linkage

That looks real nice. I used a pedal from an old 1972 ford pu that I had stuffed away. bending and welding the mount as needed, not as pretty but not as expensive either..functional! I guess when you are in a rush to drive it you don't want to wait for another part to get shipped, and once it's...
  11. C

V6 Bell Housing (Ford)

Hey Jose, good to hear from you. On the 2.6 flywheel, I had that problem when I did my v6. The clutch worked fine but the starter stayed engaged till I had a spacer machined for it to move it back to clear the ring gear. I drove it till I located the 2.8 fly wheel. If they want pictures of that...
  12. C

Home page?

Might be some tiger guys gettin even for the way the darkside alpines run!!! Just a thought! coupe
  13. C

Transmission

you bet, I did the same but just used two steel cart wheels on two small stands and rolled when welding. turns out very good results! As stated before keep the joints in time by marking with a long str. edge like a dry wall square, and a clean square end to weld to, never had to balance one if...
  14. C

2.8 stock Ignition Components

Hey guys, not always is price the marker, I got an electric fuel pump from napa when I went to the dark side. This pump lasted 3 hrs. Napa gave a replacement but I keep it as a spare as I bought a facet pump for the car. Bad ones can come from anywhere. I got the dizzy from napa but the box from...
  15. C

Let the repair begin

A ridge reamer has blades on it to scrape the top edge of the cylinder which does not get worn by the piston rings. three stones on the expandable spring loaded unit is just a hone used to deglase the cylinder and put the break in cross hatch lines in the cylinder wall, which mate the rings...