• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by conanhomer

1. conanhomer

convertible top

correction. metal covers!
  2. conanhomer

convertible top

has anyone changed the convertible top cover from the 1965 fiberglass type to the more conventional vinyl kind? if so how hard and what cost?
  3. conanhomer

bleeding the bloody clutch

i agree. it is a snipe hunt. i did bleed the master initially and the bleed screw is on the top of the slave. i borrowed a power bleeder from a mechanic friend, but havwe to find an adapter to size down to my bleeder.
  4. conanhomer

bleeding the bloody clutch

i hope someone has a trick to make my clutch maintain it's pressure. i am using a Wilwood master and slave. i follow the standard pump and bleed procedure and get good pressure for about 2 days, then lose the clutch again. the cylinders are showing no leakage
  5. conanhomer

fuel sender

yep. series 4. i thought a screwdriver would do it, just didn't want to mess it up fumbling blind
  6. conanhomer

fuel sender

i need some advice from the brain trust. what tool do i use to remove the fuel sender? (preferably with tank still in place)
  7. 20191115_141056

20191115_141056

accidental meeting of two darksiders in Bucerias Mexico. Mike Spenser and Mike Broadley
  8. conanhomer

shifter boot

9. conanhomer

shifter boot

Jim: can you tell me the ring diameter, boot material and where to buy?
  10. conanhomer

shifter boot

i am looking for a good looking and durable shifter boot for my t5 transmission. i have tried 2 round base ones from Mr Gasket, but the rubber keeps tearing. any suggestions?
  11. conanhomer

2.9 valves.

update on my valvetrain. the machine shop shaved my rocker towers and reconditioned my rockers. everything works great now. the geometry is within specs too. i still don't know what put it all out of whack, but it's fixed now so i will leave it alone. thanks again for all the advice/info.
  12. conanhomer

led lights

everything worked fine when i parked if last fall, which is why i think it must be connected to the change to leds. my gauges have a separate switch for panel lights.
  13. conanhomer

led lights

the supplier told me that no changes were required because the led signal flasher worked to convert the power to the lights. if that is not the case, what type of resistor do i need?
  14. conanhomer

led lights

i have a new question for the brain trust. i got an led bulb kit for my 65 series 4- neg ground. it included an led signal flasher. now i have running lights, headlights and brake lights, but no turn signals, and weirdly when i turn on my wipers my dash lights come on, but no wipers unless i...
  15. conanhomer

2.9 valves.

my machine shop is going ahead with cutting the rocker towers down by .035. They are also cleaning up the spring wear on the shafts, and refacing the rocker arms. if this doesn't work at least we haven't ruined much and can get other rocker assemblies.