• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by clockman666

1. C

Can't get '67 Alpine started!!! Please Help!!!

Hi, sorry for the delay in my response, between my kids, and the wife I never get to use the computer at home. I appreciate all of you helping me with this! So I redid the compression test with the throttle wide open, all the plugs out and I got about 5 psi more on each cyl. So now I'm at 12o...
  2. C

All the plugs where removed but I didn't have the throttle wide open. does that make a difference?
  3. C

I have the weber 32/36 that I put on a few months back. I have the original fuel pump that I rebuilt, so you can see it in the glass bowl, and I took the hose of the carb and cranked it and gas shot out, also you can see the gas squirt in the carb when you open the throttle. When I pull the...
  4. C

I did not check the bearings... I guess I probably should of. I'm a bit of a novice that is somewhat mechanically inclined. I am a certified clockmaker, so I'm somewhat handy, but I didn't think to check that stuff.
  5. C

Yes like you said it blew my thumb right off the hole, on the cyl. closest to the radiator. I just tried swapping the wires around and still nothing...
  6. C

To make sure it was TDC on the compression stroke, I pulled the #1 plug out and put my thumb over it and had someone else crank it. So I new that it was the compression stroke when it pushed the air out through the plug hole. Then checked the arrow and the marks on the crank pulley. When it is...
  7. C

I have not changed the rotor. It looked fairly new so I didn't mess with it. But I'll order one now, and give it a try. Like when I first bought the car it fired right up every time. But started to get progressively harder to start. So that could be it? Thanks!
  8. C

Yeah I've tried starter fluid and nothing. The plugs are sparking. Right now on top dead center on the compression stroke the rotor is pointing to the #1 cyl. Sorry I'm not much of a mechanic, how do you move the plugs 180? Like move the wires one spot on the distributor counter clockwise?
  9. C

After I cleaned it all out properly this time, and put it back together. I do have oil pressure when I try cranking it. So I do currently have oil pressure.
  10. C

This is my first post here, I am stumped!!! So this past spring I was driving my '67 Alpine, and all of a sudden I lost oil pressure and the engine started knocking. I immediately shut it of and pulled to the side of the road. I had it towed to my garage, and pulled the oil pan off and there was...