• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by cdk84

1. cdk84

All synchro Overdrive kit

You will need to have your factory driveshaft professionally shortened by approximately 7" to accommodate the extra length of the L d'N overdrive. I can't speak to the compatibility of the Nisonger [sic] speedo and the overdrive's circuitry. That said, did you change the final drive ratio when...
  2. cdk84

'62 Alpine V6 B9107722LRX Up for Auction on BaT

I've also driven Vader and Jan is right: while it's got some poke, it's not a Tiger. That said, in my outspoken opinion, if I were going to build a V6, I wouldn't choose the 2.8 for the following reasons. First, it has Siamesed ports, so it's less efficient as a breathing machine than its...
  3. cdk84

Early Harrington Alpine

Any further word o this Harrington, its owner, or the progress being made in restoration? Cheers
  4. cdk84

"Weekend Racer" Alpine Back running!

Now it's time for some speed and some sliding... Wish I were out in my Alpine racing again. Keep the rubber side down, along with your right foot --flat
  5. cdk84

Anyone visiting the U.K. For The National in July 2023?

Hi Tim, Is anyone going to make a video of Justin's talk? These events keep slipping through the cracks, their exacting knowledge being lost indefinitely, save for a moment's fore planning. If I were to be there, which I may not be able to be, I would make the video using my phone if no better...
  6. cdk84

Where is Production and Color Code Information available?

Found it... where it always Has been. Please ignore this post. Cheers, David
  7. cdk84

Where is Production and Color Code Information available?

Does any one know whether this information is still available on this site? If so, and particularly if not, where may I look for Serial Numbers and Color Code information. Thanks Everyone. Regards, David
  8. cdk84

Harrington Seat frames....finished today!

Jan, those seat frames look FANTASTIC!
  9. cdk84

Prittie HLM SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

Just for fun, did a quick check of the 2022 value of £100 in today's dollars. Inflationtool.com gives that figure as $£2,100.86; in2013dollars.com states £2,559.79 today. Adjusting each number by a factor of 2.25 ( the above value was for £100, and a Stage III kit cost £225 ) means the...
  10. cdk84

Smiths Clock $400 ppd

Hey, Steve: Thanks so much for posting Ian's article. I found it very helpful. Cheers, David
  11. cdk84

Sunbeam 2000 build

Reversing lamps is one option... of course one could argue that That type of lamp made things go backward. ( shades of Back to the Future? ) What we have here is a failure to communicate.
  12. cdk84

series 2 parts need to go

Writing again to inquire about the windshield frame. Do you still have one and if so what condition are the side pieces, please? Thanks, and please stay well. Cheers
  13. cdk84

Tiger Steel Hood maker

Hi D, Hope you are doing well. Thanks so much for weighing in. I will give Steve a call. It's been my experience that any conversation with him is worthwhile --if you can catch him. Am I correct in my memory that, some years back, you commended 450 lb front springs for my street Tiger, with...
  14. cdk84

Tiger Steel Hood maker

Thanks very much Warren. I will call you soon about the Mk 2 trim we wrote about. Cheers, David
  15. cdk84

Tiger Steel Hood maker

Some time back, I learned there is a man, perhaps on the West Coast or west of the Mississippi (?), who will make a steel version of the LAT fiberglass hood / bonnet if ordered in advance. Does this strike any chords with anyone? Do you know if he is still doing this work? Thanks in advance...