• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by bohemianway

1. B

SV returning after long-term storage

Not sure who "Mike" is?
  2. B

SV returning after long-term storage

I need to finally get the Alpine back on the road after 10 years of storage. At that time I needed to do: 1) replace T-fitting between Strombergs 2) replace clutch slave cylinder 3) clean paint/coat inside of fuel tanks 4) rear axle hub/bearing seals Any help on where to get the parts, watch...
  3. B

Alpine in NCSL poster

Just got a poster at work and they have an Alpine in the background. http://www.ncsli.org/
  4. B

1725 Motor And 4 Speed

Location I did not see where you are located. you should let the forum know and you may find someone near you looking to get rid of a powertrain especially those looking for an excuse to do a Alger or v6.
  5. B

Availability of SV Fuel Pumps or rebuild kits?

Air not from bowl seal As I watch it the air is coming up from under the filter and roling up over the outside edge. It is not coming in from around the (now rubber) bowl seal. Charles
  6. B

More info I removed the fuel line from the pump and let it drain. The fuel flowed like it was coming out of a garden hose and took at most 20 minutes to drain 9 gallons. So I reinstalled and cleaned out the top of the pump (inside the glass bowl) and reassembled. It hand primed fine but once...
  7. B

Thanks for the replies I will look into the paint chips etc. first since the tanks have never been touched. And, when the engine is running the glass bowl looks like a raging boiling pot of water. The funning thing is the hissing sound the carbs make when hand priming. My guess is that the bowl...
  8. B

Running down the highway for a couple of miles and the engine starts to stumble. If I coast for a bit it recovers but begins again after a short distance. If I stop and let it idle for a minute I can go again for a mile or more. My first guess is that the fuel pump needs to be fixed or as I...
  9. B

LX9 Alpine

Glad to see the IRS I have been pondering this for a couple of years using the ford 8.8IRS and custom links. The one pictured in yellow appears to be a Lincoln center section. Now all I need to do is find a good Alpine ( my SV is to nice to cut up) for the conversion. I already have the 8.8 in...
  10. B

Bypassing brake booster

Stock SV It is a stock SV with original master and standard brake parts. Pedal feel seems to be fine but I am used to manual brake and HD clutchs. Thanks for the replys, Charles
  11. B

Looking to rebuild/replace slave source ?

I see VB has a non-original replacement clutch slave $30 VB rebuild kit $9 I am able to do machine work but am looking for what is the best bang for the buck approach for a long time fix to the drippy slave. Thank you, Charles I love the priming feature on the fuel pump what a gas!
  12. B

Bypassing brake booster

Since every winter the brakes are dry and I don't think the booster works anyway so I removed the short brake line from the booster to the proportioning valve. Then I removed the line from the master to the booster and reformed it to loop back to the proportioning valve. Brakes seem to work fine...
  13. B

Why does all my fluids disappear over winter?

Every spring I take the SV out of the garage and both the clutch and brake master cylinders are dry and both systems need to be bleed. Once done both are fine all summer with no loss of any fluids. Charles
  14. B

SV on TV in U.K.

Just got back from London and I got to watch an hour of TV. The first thing I turn on was a show, like in the US, where a couple of antiquers are running around the country buying stuff and selling at auction to see who is best. Amazingly this Amelia character was shown driving her powder blue...
  15. B

1967 alpine 55 mph rpm...no overdrive

Listen to Tom H I had the same issue and got Tom's inexpensive kit and did the repair and calibration which has been great. Trust in Tom, Charles