• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

bobbo's latest activity

• bobbo
    bobbo replied to the thread Parrish top seals.
    Thanks Bill. Now back to the basement to try and get my side drafts working. GRRRRR
  • bobbo
    bobbo replied to the thread Parrish top seals.
    Thanks for your comments. I'll try the clear coat on the rear window, worked fine on my Nissan's plastic headlights. side window and...
  • bobbo
    have just acquired a Parrish top for my SV, and looking forward to refinishing it and using it to extend the season. Any leads or...
  • bobbo
    bobbo replied to the thread Diff oil.
    Warren, don't you have the access hole on the transmission tunnel, right hand side? Works great with funnel and hose.
  • bobbo
    bobbo reacted to Toyanvil's post in the thread Front end Alignment with Like Like.
    When I did my toe-in, I started with the steering wheel centered, found the center of the tires and set my gauge on the center to center...
  • bobbo
    bobbo replied to the thread Door hinge renew.
    Just to update. I used a hack saw today to cut the pin at the 2 thrust washer locations. Actually only cut through at one of the thrust...
  • bobbo
    Sounds like I'll need to find a machine shop, if not some good hinges. Bob
  • bobbo
    Removal of the pin? Is it pressed in? Will heating the hinge allow it to be pressed out? Bob
  • bobbo
    Thank you to Dan and Mike. Dan, the thread Mike sent me to had your info on parts to procced with the repair. I should be able to locate...
  • bobbo
    bobbo reacted to hartmandm's post in the thread Door hinge renew with Like Like.
    I think the details might be in this thread: https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/passenger-door-hinges.26511 Mike
  • bobbo
    bobbo reacted to DanR's post in the thread Door hinge renew with Like Like.
    Bob, I ordered some components from McMasterCarr a few years ago to rebuild some of my door hinges. I will look for the details on the...
  • bobbo
    bobbo posted the thread Door hinge renew in "Stock" Alpine.
    For my series V, driver's side. The upper door hinge is sloppy to the point that the door drops about 3/8 inch at the b post. Causing...
  • bobbo
    bobbo replied to the thread Front caliper issue.
    Removed the pistons today. Tried to pry out with a couple of flat screw drivers, but they would not budge. Padded the space between the...
  • bobbo
    bobbo replied to the thread Front caliper issue.
    Pulled the caliper off again today. Pistons were a little easier to depress with the c-clamp. Re-installed and I can now rotate the...
  • bobbo
    bobbo replied to the thread Front end Alignment.
    In reply to Bill and ASM, yes hard to tell if front wheels are aligned with the rear. With my steering wheel centered in straight ahead...