• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by bmohr

1. B

Hand-turning with Crankshaft Nut

Can you get a dremel or similar tool in there to cut off the dog(s) for the crank? After that you might fit a socket on there. I also have heard it's not good to turn via the fan blade although if your belt is slipping that's probably not much of an option anyway. Good Luck,
  2. B

Informal Get Together

Email sent! I pretty much echo what Charles said.
  3. B

Icy Alpine

Nice pix Charles. We didn't lose power so lucky in that respect. Glad to hear you had some wood to keep things a bit warm. Likewise glad to see your Alpine didn't get hit by any big branches!
  4. B

need bezel headlight GRM challenge car

Are you wanting the headlight bucket, the trim ring, something else? I might be slow, but I'm not getting what you're calling the bezel. Nice car btw.
  5. B

New auto technology detects dangers before they happen

Nick, at first I did and then after I watched the video I went back to reread it and saw where it said spoof. It seemed to me that many of the folks commenting missed that fact too so I wanted to repeat it.
  6. B

New auto technology detects dangers before they happen

Just to be clear this is a spoof of a Mercedes Commercial. In poor taste for sure. I've seen a lot of fake commercials on Saturday Night Live that were questionable to be sure. Mind you I'm not defending it as it's too extreme for me. I just wanted to be clear that it was not a real commercial.
  7. B

suggestion for additional resources

I vote for the idea. Maybe another category in the forum could be created called photo albums. Then members could post threads with links to their online photo collections. The only downside that i can see is that sometimes it seems like the photo album links go stale. I guess folks delete...
  8. B

Sign in every time

Try using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome and see if the problem clears up. If you don't want to try that, delete your cookies and again I'll bet things will go back to normal. If you've never done that before and you're using Internet Explorer, Do Alt-F to bring up the menu bar...
  9. B

gas pipe tank connectors - revisited

You got that right Dan. Sorry I missed you when you were in town. Don't know if you'll be coming back through anytime soon, but if you are hopefully we can connect.
  10. B

Factory engine bay

:) Thanks Jay.
  11. B

Radiator drain

snamelc, Did you get your valve? Did it fit fine?
  12. B

Intake Manifold Drain Pipe

Henry, Were you able to fix the starting issue you mentioned? When you say parked for a short time, is it enough for the engine to cool down, or is it still warm/hot? If you stop it when hot and immediately try to restart does it fire up fine?
  13. B

Factory engine bay

Thanks for all the answers guys. For those who are understandably confused by my bolt description see the copy of the picture with the bolt circled. The answer that makes the most sense to me is what Tom said about being used in the manufacture process. There is another on the left hand side...
  14. B

Repro horn ring

Seems like you're due at least a partial refund even though you kept it. There certainly can be loopholes in the manufacturing process, but usually at high volume production. I'd heard only good things about this supplier especially the crankshaft pulley with damper. Good luck with your repairs.
  15. B

Factory engine bay

This may be a dumb question, but never stopped me before! In the picture labeled Kevin McLemore's SV engine 1, is that the fuel line (hose) running above the alternator? I'm speaking of the one that goes behind the thermostat housing. That's how my fuel is routed, but my engine bay is...