• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by birdfan56

1. birdfan56

2.8 v6 Waterpump question

Thanks Dan, Very helpful information. Appreciate all you do for the Alpine fans.
  2. birdfan56

Stainless Steel Bumper (later models)

I have done both ways. rechroming was good but expensive today. I put the SS bumpers on the second conversion i did. They look really nice and fit well, but will scratch pretty easily. They seem to be strong enough, so quality must have improved. I also put them on a tr4 i restored and they...
  3. birdfan56

2.8 v6 Waterpump question

I'm sure it's been answered before but i cannot locate the answer. What size bolts are used on the water pump housing? The perimeter ones are all the same size but there are a couple inner ones that are different. Does anyone have the answer? Thanks so much, Kevin
  4. birdfan56

Backup lights

The 1967 vw beetle had separate backup lights that will work fine with our rear bumper and look very similar to the original sunbeam ones. you may need to slightly modify the bracket to work.
  5. birdfan56

crossover fuel pipe outlet size

Mike, Looks like that answers my question. I really appreciate the info. I must have obtained a crossover from a later series and need to switch out the nut to 1/2" . Thanks for the assist. Kevin
  6. birdfan56

crossover fuel pipe outlet size

Here's my question of the day....were there different sizes of crossover fuel tank pipe outlets used? I have an early series IV that has a different diameter thread outlet (smaller) than the replacement pipe that I obtained. The new pipe has a hole drilled about a 1/4 inch in from one end and...
  7. birdfan56

2.8 v6 bellhousings

i will take one if they are still available.
  8. birdfan56

windshield striker plate for top

I located a set. Thanks!
  9. birdfan56

windshield striker plate for top

Hi All, i need a pair of the top latch striker plates that screw onto a series 4 or 5 windshield frame. looking for a pair of clean, uncracked ones. Getting close to finishing this car at last and I can't find my old set. Thanks, Kevin
  10. birdfan56

Civic Seats

They look pretty comfortable in there. REALLY like your center console too. nice solution for the cup holders and maintains a lock box too.
  11. birdfan56

TACHOMETER Bridge Piece

I am in need of a tachometer bridge piece and knurled nut for a series V tach. They go on the back side of the tach. Thanks, Kevin
  12. birdfan56

2.8 V6 Fan

Paul, can you send a pic of your fan installation? Thanks, Kevin
  13. birdfan56

Parts for sale or free

sent you a text today. kevin
  14. birdfan56

steering column gasket

Anyone have a good method for installing the steering column firewall gasket without removing the steering column?
  15. birdfan56

What are you using for sound deadener in SV Hartops?

I've used dynamat on both my hardtops have have ZERO problems with it.