• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bill Blue's latest activity

• B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Parrish top seals.
    The top to windshield frame is a simple "D" shaped hollow rubber extrusion with adhesive on the flat side to stick it to the top. Bill
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Carb advice needed.
    I found the single carbed Alpine to drive like a flat head. Good torque but runs out of breath at about 3500. I think they should have...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Parrish top seals.
    No help here. By windshield I suppose you mean rear glass. All I know is that the rear glass rubber seal (a basic "S" shaped profile)...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Steering gearbox Welch plug.
    Looks like new. I don't think I have seen a steering shaft outer end without any raceway galling until this one.
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Boot weatherstripping.
    We finally decided that our exhaust fumes occurred while driving slowly with the wind. The wind was literally blowing our exhaust into...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Steering gearbox Welch plug.
    Overall length is important, not necessarily "critical." Indexing, totally not an issue. The shaft has fine splines, not coarse ones...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Boot weatherstripping.
    Trunk odors getting inside the car can be nearly impossible. I was able to banish the exhaust odor, but not the gasoline odor. Even...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Gas Tank Repair/Sealant.
    I've used the POR product with no issues. Very good at sealing small holes and patching large ones. Two of my tanks lasted nearly 20...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Frustrated!.
    Paul, are you saying that the engine runs at 1200-1250 with the throttle closed? If so, check to make sure the throttle plates are...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread X frame repair sections..
    Wow! That's some set back. What'cha trying to do, win the shortest driveshaft award? Bill
  • B
    Bill Blue reacted to Chad's post in the thread X frame repair sections. with Like Like.
    I’ve found nests in the A-pillars, the tank crossover pipe, up inside the front inner fender reinforcers (noticed after welding in the...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread No spark frustration.
    Solenoids can be something to deal with. I had an uncle whose1975ish AMC would suddenly die, but would always restart. Several...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Side to side wheel base.
    Didn't setup the car, same as the drivers at the United, who never had a clue what were doing. By and large, the wheels were pointed...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Side to side wheel base.
    If you are looking for a cheap, good time, the next time you see a group of Alpines, compare the distance from the front of the front...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread LS Engine Alpine.
    Well, the firewall stiffeners are gone. I wonder how much other stuff got binned besides the boot lift assist springs. Probably why it...