• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Andrew

1. Andrew

Rear Frame Rails

Hi Guys, It has been way too long and I hope everyone is well. I am finally using my SolidWorks 3D software to help me with my S3. I am almost finished designing up the model of the Rear Frame Rails so that they can cut them with the CNC. I hope to make this as easy as possible to fabricate...
  2. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

It is hard to show but the right side of the splined shaft looks worn and miss-shaped. It may be just near the end part of the shaft. I will remove and inspect the tail shaft this weekend.
  3. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

Sounds good, I will give it a go and report back. Probably will not get to things again until next week.
  4. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

How gentle? She seems to be really fixed on there. Tap up trying to lift housing? Is it ok to try and open it at the seam (at the location of the balancing pipe) or should I drop down to the lower part of the housing in line with the Solinoid?
  5. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

The tail stock looks to have about 6 7/16 nuts holding it on. Is it just a matter of removing the nuts and loosening off the balancing pipe?
  6. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

Hi Barry, I will do that this afternoon. Thank you for the continued support. Pictures to follow. Andrew
  7. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

Well I guess this hoser is “Hosed” as stated above! This is the trans and this is how I have been hosed. Would this happen due to miss alignment or unbalanced prop shaft? I guess an overdrive is not in the cards after all of this. Thanks guys.
  8. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

I think I have found a problem with the SI trans. The rear spline looks worn on one side. Can our guys tell me what you think. Should or can it be replaced?
  9. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

Great stuff, I have an original warning light for a S3. This will be great, thanks Tom!
  10. Andrew

Reverse light

Will do, thanks for the note.
  11. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

This is a S3 and I am looking to install a complete SI Tran with Overdrive. Looking at my relay and the wiring diagram, I don’t see a warning light noted. The S3 & SIV I believe are wired dirrerently and show a warning light. I wonder if it is possible to include a warning light in the SI...
  12. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

Hi Tom, Is there any problem incorporating a warning light with the SI OD setup? I see the S3-SV had quite a different setup (wiring) and it used a warning light on the dash. Thanks, Andrew
  13. Andrew

Reverse light

Hi Michael Even better, I will do some hunting around. Thanks again Michael.
  14. Andrew

Reverse light

Looking to make them work with the shrouds similar to the originals. They will be a little different using these lamps as shown above but they should look good on the car. I will need to see how a sample comes out before I go ahead and make two of them. I will make them out of stainless. Do...
  15. Andrew

Overdrive Gear Box

Yes, for sure. I would love to see some pics of your setup. Thanks