• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Aldave

1. Aldave

The Registry

Done and Thank You. Owning a Sunbeam again was a Juvenile Thrill relived. I regrettably will be selling "Sunny" to the best offer I receive due to garage space requirements for Our recent Toy acquisitions. Thank You for Being there! Dave D.
  2. Aldave

The Registry

How do I edit My entries in the Registry, I entered incorrect information by mistake?
  3. Aldave

Getting To The "Rootes" Of The Matter...

I hear Vermont title registrations used to be a popular option. There is a thread on it somewhere in here. Best Wishes!
  4. Aldave

S1 Convertible top front Bow or complete frame wanted.

Many Thanks to Albert G Mason for His expertise at assisting Me with this problem. SOLVED! Installing new top next week. :)
  5. Aldave

looks like the same frame i already have. The fit is similar, but not correct for this windscreen. A trim shop in the next town thinks the 1 i have can be modified slightly to fit. Going to take the car there on the 29th of May and They will advise further. Hoping this local solution works. I...
  6. Aldave

So after going to the end of the internet, I figure I will need left and right cantrails and S1 front bow, clamps, if available. Clamps not too big an issue, as I can swap them from the hardtop.
  7. Aldave

I am trying to find the article I read about S1 soft tops. Up to a certain number, cantrails were not used. In the parts manual I have, it states from, B9107516. It doesn't show any before that #. ? Hmmm. I could have read it when ordering the top. I will have to get in touch with them unless...
  8. Aldave

The Cantrails. No, unfortunately I do not. I will go through the manual this evening and see if the mounts I have will work for them. Currently pulling master cylinder out for a redo today. The mounts could be later issue, not sure yet. Thank You.
  9. Aldave

A picture could help, The Kid Luke that I bought the car from claimed there was a new convertible top with the car when I bought it from Alberta. There was an incomplete S5 frame in the back seat. I could take legal action, but it would cost more and deliver nothing in the end. So Caveat Emptor...
  10. Aldave

In Ontario Canada by any chance?
  11. Resized_20211027_163847.jpeg

Resized_20211027_163847.jpeg

#627 Alpine.
  12. Aldave

1st time valve adjustment

A little mineral oil or wd-40 to soak old material. should soften up nicely for easier removal. Gaskets are used to make up for any imperfections to the surfaces being mated, so a factory smooth original finish isn't required, unless You are obsessive compulsive like most Alpine Caretakers. I am...
  13. Aldave

1st time valve adjustment

I use a plastic scraper because the Aluminum is soft, and easy to damage.
  14. Aldave

S1 needs the front bow of the convertible top frame. the one I have is S5, Curve of windscreen is different. Thank You Luke. Canada.
  15. Aldave

wire harness replacement

With a few hours of tracing, I was able to match wire colours I have with a few schematics, and voila, everything works! It was a factory horn relay i could not place. Took alot of head scratching, but it is where it is supposed to be in the new harness. wiper motor draws alot so it is getting...