• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Aladin Sane

1. Aladin Sane

Sunbeam 2000 build

Yep, things are trying to occupy the same space aren't they?
  2. Aladin Sane

LAT hood scoop

Good thought on the tape.
  3. Aladin Sane

LAT hood scoop

I will be interested to hear this as well. I am about ready to take mine off in anticipation of putting the engine and trans back in. Mine was not attached when I bought the car and was installed by the paint shop while they had it.
  4. Aladin Sane

LAT hood scoop

I'm not sure where my scoop came from. It was on the hood when I bought the car. It looks pretty similar.
  5. Aladin Sane

Now I'm in for it.

The axle housing flanges are way different, but you may be able to redrill the backing plate of the sunbeam to match the Dana flange.
  6. Aladin Sane

Now I'm in for it.

I will be taking the backing plates off the Dana this weekend. I will take a quick glance at the sunbeam rear and see if it looks like they may mate up.
  7. Aladin Sane

Now I'm in for it.

At least 14". Those jeep drums are huge compared to the sunbeam drums. The drums are off of the sunbeam axle above, but you can compare the size of the backing plate.
  8. Aladin Sane

Now I'm in for it.

I am converting to disc brakes. From above, one of our members has worked out the hardware required to mount calipers and rotors from a 92 saturn and has made brackets to bolt them to the dana axle housing.
  9. Aladin Sane

Now I'm in for it.

The 70s hilux would have the right width.
  10. Aladin Sane

Sunbeam 2000 build

A tight fit, but looks like you made it work.
  11. Aladin Sane

Scam Alert

These scammers suck. I wish they would put as much effort into a legit job.
  12. Aladin Sane

Now I'm in for it.

I will be sure to share those with the shop once I drop the rear end off. They are relocating to a new shop building and won't be taking in work for another week.
  13. Aladin Sane

Now I'm in for it.

I had been kicking around the idea of buying a disc brake conversion kit for my jeep rear end from one of the online jeep parts vendors, because I knew they were readily available. Once I started digging into specific kits, I found none of them would fit inside a 14" wheel. Then I remembered...
  14. Aladin Sane

New Site Software

I am not a fan of the reverse chronological order.
  15. Aladin Sane

Now I'm in for it.

So, big progress but down a different road today. I put the front of the car back up on my cribbing and the back up on jack stands. I took the rear end out. It wasn't really all that hard. You can see the spring perches and shock mounts will need quit a bit of relocating. That in addition...