• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by 7539

1. 7

Repair Shop

Sure! Nashville isn't that far considering I can't find anyone locally...
  2. 7

Repair Shop

Thanks for the replies!
  3. 7

Repair Shop

Arkansas...
  4. 7

Repair Shop

Any recommendations on repair shops that know about Alpines? I had an overdrive wire burn and I need a couple of other things done... no one locally can do it. I've had it at a shop for several months with no progress. I'm willing to ship it... thanks
  5. 7

Burned Wire

So to answer one question I picked out of this... the overdrive relay is shot because the bottom is rusted out of it and I'm guessing it's original... maybe it's not shot but it's definitely in rough shape. The wire that melted runs from near the voltage regulator through the firewall under the...
  6. 7

Burned Wire

I'll make those changes.. thanks!
  7. 7

Burned Wire

It's the wire that runs down to the overdrive on the transmission
  8. 7

Burned Wire

I had a near catastrophe yesterday... took it for a drive and started smoking under the dash... shut it off, had a wire burning. Fortunately I got it out with no damage. It appears that it only burned the insulation off of one wire... it's a white wire that comes from somewhere around the...
  9. 7

Cranking Amps

I appreciate the info as usual. Put it on the battery charger for an hour and it started immediately. Took it off and it also started. Ran it about 4 miles and when I came back it wouldn't start... just bogs down the battery immediately. I'll check everything you said
  10. 7

Cranking Amps

So I switched to an alternator several years ago and had nothing but trouble...I took it to an import shop in Tulsa a few years back and they put a generator back on it and made everything work pretty well. I was told by the mechanic that the light being on signified that the generator was...
  11. 7

Cranking Amps

I've asked before but never solved the problem... my 64 runs great if it'll start. My problem is, it generally won't without a boost. I've tried replacing the battery, trickle charging, I've checked the ground. The generator light comes on as if it's charging although we know that this may not...
  12. 7

Hard Start

Thanks everybody...I'll try the grounding strap first...
  13. 7

Hard Start

Ok, so I'm not a gear head... not hard to tell, but I have some knowledge... my 64 Alpine is hard to start. It's never been one to start quickly but it's getting worse. Generator is working according to the idiot light. I had a fairly new battery but I took it in and it showed borderline bad so...
  14. 7

Exhaust Odor

Dumb question maybe, but does everyone else have exhaust smell coming over the trunk and into the car, and, if so, what can be done about it? The exhaust is pretty new I think... Thanks
  15. 7

Inside door handle

I need an inside door handle for a series IV if anyone has one cheaper than online price. I have the spring and vanity ring thing, just need a handle. Thanks! email me at llhorton@hotmail.com