• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Caravan to the Invasion 2008

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi Tom,

Sunday I'll be around in the afternoon.

If I can get clutch functionality, you may be sure the car will be tested !! :) :)

So far the carbs are great .. !! If they stay that way then I am 100% satisfied with them.

As soon as I think the car will hold up I plan to test drive to the top of Brasstown Bald, Jawja's highest peak.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Allan & Tom,
I can remember when I took my first solo flight at night when I was learning to fly in the Piper Tomohawk, man there were so many horrifing sounds you wouldn't believe, but I survived.
Bob:eek:

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Allan,
Sounds like AirPine will be flying up to Tipp City with the rest of us on Thursday morning the 28th. We'll see you all at Micky Dees on Windy Hill @ 4:30AM.
Cheers,
Bob:D

Bob,

I plan to caravan, look forward to it. That will be a blast :) .

I did wonder though, about the 4:30 rendezvous time at Micky Dees in Mayretta.

That's a great time, but is a few hours before dawn ... too early to fish, too late to drink beer :)

Any chance we could meet at a more leisurely hour of the day ... something
like 9 a.m. .. ??

Allan

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bob,

I plan to caravan, look forward to it. That will be a blast :) .

I did wonder though, about the 4:30 rendezvous time at Micky Dees in Mayretta.

That's a great time, but is a few hours before dawn ... too early to fish, too late to drink beer :)

Any chance we could meet at a more leisurely hour of the day ... something
like 9 a.m. .. ??

Allan

Retired, grumpy old men with no perspective! Allan, you have to leave at that time in order to get to Tipp City in time to drink beer.

Bill

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Bill,
Well said, I was trying to come up with a good answer for Allan.:eek: Yes, we need to be in Tennessee by daylight so we can get (like Bill said) to Tipp City to get our meal and BEER.:D And then we can relax the rest of the evening after the 12 - 13 hours on the road. Over the river and thru the woods (and Mountains) to Ian's house we go......
We'll see you at Micky Dees at 4:30 AM. Cheers,
Bob
:cool:

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Well I'll see you there.

I'll leave home ~4:00 but it shouldn't take over 15 minutes absent traffic.

I put on a better radiator cap, and the engine runs 30 degrees cooler, out
and about locally. Haven't tried the freeway yet.

Tomorrow Jan's gearbox goes in....I expect it will require all day.

Might be a good idea for everyone in our caravan to swap cell numbers...

We could mail 'em to you, and then a list sent back perhaps ??

Allan

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey Bob, When I Drove to Tipp a few weeks ago it didn't take ten hours, granted I stayed on 75 to Lake City(because of the fog) just north of there I took 63 to 27 and found it smooth sailing.. even though I went right through Lexington (we can pick-up kenny67 as we go by) and also went through Cinncy..... how come it takes you so long ???? We're thirsty ! ! ! ! !

Tom j

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
That was what Google Maps said. We can take I-75 to Cleveland, then 60 for 22 miles to pick up 27, smooth sailing to Lexington and no Knoxville or the big mountian north of K'ville. I think you'll really like that route. We can talk about it more at breakfast in Dalton. Going will be much more pleasent. The only big cities will be Lexington, and Cinncy, well Cinncy to Dayton is like one big city. I have to go to Daytona Beach tomorrow to my brother-in-laws funeral, will be back on Friday. My cell is in my profile, call me any time from noon til 8 tomorrow and all day Friday, as I'll be on the road.
Cheers,
Bob

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
If the weather is clear, I'm for 27 ASAP, That's a fine route in an Alpine.
See you soon !
Tom j