• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Abandoned restoration project in NY

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
This has been on Craigslist a few times over the past year and each time I reached out to the seller s/he was nonresponsive.

A few months ago, I spoke to someone who went to see the car and walked away. From what I understand, the "surface rust" is actually significant pitting on the majority of all surface skin. Check out pic 4 that shows the pitting and distortion in the left rear quarter.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
That is in my opinion a disaster. I saw one that looks exactly like it also a NY car (could possibly be the same Alpine) in Greenville, SC a few years ago. What portions of the paint available was dark blue. The surface rust had basically destroyed the metal all over the Alpine.

The hardtop was in need of the metal replaced completely all around the frame including the area for the windshield.

I offered $500 after a very detailed study of the Alpine. It was ready for scrapping out IMO.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Woof. If that's what the painted top surfaces looks like, I would be very suspicious of what awaits below the car.