• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wipac Back Up Light Wanted

Jimm

Gold Level Sponsor
I need back up lights for my Tiger.

Looking for at least one correct Wipac S210A R66 light to pair up with the one I have. If you have a pair that is better than mine I’ll look at that too.

Please let me know if you have one or two to sell

alpine_64

Donation Time
I need back up lights for my Tiger.

Looking for at least one correct Wipac S210A R66 light to pair up with the one I have. If you have a pair that is better than mine I’ll look at that too.

Please let me know if you have one or two to sell
eBay UK is your friend ;-)

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I’m looking for the gaskets. Anyone know a source? I contacted Wipac last year but they stopped production years ago.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I saw gaskets for these on Ebay UK. A little pricey but what other choice do you have?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Shipping from the UK is very expensive these days. I'd rather get one from a US seller, spend the money on the part and not the post
Sure.... I'm just suggesting a likely easy location to get them if you can't find locally.
But the parts are where they are. And the UK has quite a lot of NOS parts like that as the lights were comon to other makes/ models... I bought 2 sets of NOS ones out of UK eBay.

As a side note.. often here about stateside owners and shipping from abroard....

Try being in Australia.... Shipping is much more and we have a weaker currency... But you got to get the parts you need where you can ;)

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Sure.... I'm just suggesting a likely easy location to get them if you can't find locally.
But the parts are where they are. And the UK has quite a lot of NOS parts like that as the lights were comon to other makes/ models... I bought 2 sets of NOS ones out of UK eBay.

As a side note.. often here about stateside owners and shipping from abroard....

Try being in Australia.... Shipping is much more and we have a weaker currency... But you got to get the parts you need where you can ;)
I will add that it is surprisingly less expensive to ship from the UK to the US than from the US to the UK and I believe I’ve actually had to pay more for shipping from Canada to me than from England to me. ( crazy )

It’s been a year since I bought anything from the UK but I do not recall the cost of shipping being prohibitive, of course some eBayers are noted for inflated shipping costs on items they offer at relatively low prices. That way they get the ‘click’ based on the item price and then make up their profit in shipping…but that can be the case no matter from where the item is shipped.

Rootes 66

Donation Time
Some shipping prices have increased recently from the UK. As it happens I've just priced up shipping of a new pair of Wipacs to the USA, fully insured tracked and signed for and it works out at £24.30 Thats 750g and a 5 to 7 day service.
The Royal mail has informed us shipping is almost back to full service after the recent disruptions.

ALPINE5GT

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a set of new ones somewhere. Bought them on e-bay 15 years ago. Let my try to dig them up.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I will add that it is surprisingly less expensive to ship from the UK to the US than from the US to the UK and I believe I’ve actually had to pay more for shipping from Canada to me than from England to me. ( crazy )

It’s been a year since I bought anything from the UK but I do not recall the cost of shipping being prohibitive, of course some eBayers are noted for inflated shipping costs on items they offer at relatively low prices. That way they get the ‘click’ based on the item price and then make up their profit in shipping…but that can be the case no matter from where the item is shipped.

Tod:
The thieves at eBay charge Sellers the same commission on shipping as they do for the part sold. So a seller pays eBay commission for the total cost + shipping of an item. This is why some Sellers list a low price for the item and a high price for shipping. One way or the other it's the same cost to a Seller no matter how they split the listing.
Rick