• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WHAT COLOR ???? so many CHOICES !

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think that the most satisfied Alpine owners painted their cars an unusual color. Autumn Gold is good example. We went with Bright Orange Metallic and never regretted it. We have had lots of comments along the line "The color matches the character of the car" and "That color was created for that car". So don't be afraid to go for something different. Maybe even very different.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
My Blue Boy V6 is a rather dark blue. It is Commodore Blue, Rootes Colour Code 106.

At Car shows and around towns I visit I get many many comments such as: that is a beautiful color, always like that blue.

My son added a white stripe from front to rear right after he became owner back in the mid 80's.

When I restored it in 2008, I kept it solid Commodore Blue. I like it:)

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
If I go to the auto paint supply, what is the CODE (for that blue) / year/Make that I would ask for. if I just ask for commodore blue, they will just hand ne a chip book! can't get paint by just looking at a "Chip'. could you Post More PICS of the Front of that Car ? Thank You

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
If I go to the auto paint supply, what is the CODE (for that blue) / year/Make that I would ask for. if I just ask for commodore blue, they will just hand ne a chip book! can't get paint by just looking at a "Chip'. could you Post More PICS of the Front of that Car ? Thank You

You can try this link, but I'm not sure the list is compatible with modern paint materials.

Good luck,

https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=Rootes&con=k&year=1964&rows=50

P.S. - Aladin Sane's picture of his car is NOT Commodore Blue

Last edited:

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Go with white, it looks good at night and in the day. And at night other cars will see you.
Image-41-XL.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor

Attachments

• Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021    FGEISSLER_2021_00023.jpg
    Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021 FGEISSLER_2021_00023.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021    FGEISSLER_2021_00231.jpg
    Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021 FGEISSLER_2021_00231.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021     FGEISSLER_2021_00007.jpg
    Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021 FGEISSLER_2021_00007.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Blue Boy Sporting New Rear Disc Brakes    20200318_174454.jpg
    Blue Boy Sporting New Rear Disc Brakes 20200318_174454.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Blue Boy & Bill's Red Tiger  WNC BBC Sept 2019      20190928_135512.jpg
    Blue Boy & Bill's Red Tiger WNC BBC Sept 2019 20190928_135512.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Blue Boy    20190907_121935.jpg
    Blue Boy 20190907_121935.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 41

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
My friend has an Embassy Black with Red interior Series V, apparently this was a special order combination, it looks lovely. Another friend has had his done in 'Champagne' not standard but it always attracts nice comments because of the colour. I have always fancied a yellow Alpine, I saw this Tiger at a show recently. It was lovely but perhaps a bit too yellow.
Tim R

Attachments

• IMG_3354.jpeg
    IMG_3354.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3367.jpeg
    IMG_3367.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2970.jpeg
    IMG_2970.jpeg
    566.4 KB · Views: 29

alpine_64

Donation Time
My friend has an Embassy Black with Red interior Series V, apparently this was a special order combination, it looks lovely. Another friend has had his done in 'Champagne' not standard but it always attracts nice comments because of the colour. I have always fancied a yellow Alpine, I saw this Tiger at a show recently. It was lovely but perhaps a bit too yellow.
Tim R
The yellow tiger was Angleas.. Yellow can be quite striking on sunbeams...but shade/ saturation of the colour is a personal pref.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
While my color has a very similar base tint to commodore blue, it has much more variation in flash across the curves of the car.

Aladin, not being able to see your blue in person lends my belief to your paint has more variation in "flash" questionable:)

Perhaps the two Blues will meet some day, sure would love to see thhe comparasion up close (that close).

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura or late Mustang blues are commonly used on the Cobra's.

Last edited:

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
PPG midnight saphire

Appears to be metalic - maybe..... see notes in link

This blue automotive paint color is most commonly known as Blue Jeans. Other common color promotional names include Midnight Sapphire and Midnight Sapphire Blue. The color formulation has been used between 2013 and 2022, primarily by Ford; but also by Lincoln. We have records of this color appearing on the following models: Continental, Econoline, Edge, Expedition, Explorer, F150, F250, F350, F450, F550, F650, F750, Flex, Ford Special Order / Fleet, MKC, MKS, MKT, MKX, MKZ, Mark-LT, Navigator, Responder, Taurus, and Transit. See the full detailed list below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...i?ppg=933044&usg=AOvVaw3N0-cdm7lXarc9No9gtv3i