• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Caliper Replacement

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't know if they will or not. Surely need to have the bolt pattern confirmed as one major concern.

I responded to an earlier post you made on the calipers for the Alpine: Sunalp (Steve Shuttleton) a ellow member of our Forum rebuilds the calipers.

He has done some for me and I am well pleased.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't know if they will or not. Surely need to have the bolt pattern confirmed as one major concern.

I responded to an earlier post you made on the calipers for the Alpine: Sunalp (Steve Shuttleton) a ellow member of our Forum rebuilds the calipers.

He has done some for me and I am well pleased.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Series 3, 4 and 5 have 3.25" mount spacing. Series 1 and 2 are 3.5" same as the TR calipers. You could probably oval the mounting holes to make them work if you aren't concerned with originality.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Dan, If carefully done 1/8" in each side to make up the difference there is no movement. Done with Volvo 4 pot calipers 3" to 3.25" MGB. Also 3.5"Toyota 4 pot to 3.25" MGB.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan, If carefully done 1/8" in each side to make up the difference there is no movement. Done with Volvo 4 pot calipers 3" to 3.25" MGB. Also 3.5"Toyota 4 pot to 3.25" MGB.
I was at a Sunbeam teae meet years ago and there was a Brit talking about upgrading the Sunbeam brakes and mentioned that Austin Princess calipers would be an improvement. I don’t think the Austin princess was ever sold in the US!

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
I rebuilt mine 16 years ago with kits from Sunbeam Specialty never had a issue till slight pull now.
I gave car to my son so going to rebuild them again after testing high water in fluid.
Hoses, dust seal again, also replacing cylinders this time .