• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine: Installing twin 10" electric cooling fans and twin relays

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
We have just published a new video on The Sunbeam Alpine Channel covering how we install twin 10" electric cooling fans with twin relays on an Alpine. The video includes a comparison of fans set up in different formats and shows how we wire these in so that each fan can operate independently in the event of a fan or relay failure.

If your Alpine struggles in hot weather or heavy traffic congestion this is worth a look as it is relatively cheap and simple to do.

To see all 120 videos on the channel simply click the ‘videos’ button on The Sunbeam Alpine Channel home page.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
We have just published a new video on The Sunbeam Alpine Channel covering how we install twin 10" electric cooling fans with twin relays on an Alpine. The video includes a comparison of fans set up in different formats and shows how we wire these in so that each fan can operate independently in the event of a fan or relay failure.

If your Alpine struggles in hot weather or heavy traffic congestion this is worth a look as it is relatively cheap and simple to do.

To see all 120 videos on the channel simply click the ‘videos’ button on The Sunbeam Alpine Channel home page.

Thanks! I installed twin electric fans when I did my V6 conversion. They run full time. I have had no overheating issues even when running the AC.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Nice video.
If installing only one 10 inch pusher electric fan, in addition to the mechanical fan, where is the best location for the temperature probe? Stock radiator and stock 1725 with a 32/36.
I do at least one long trip, 3000 miles, a year. Which often includes high speed, 60-70 mph, freeway driving for several hours at a time. No overheating problem currently, although the gauge reads (how accurate?) 200-205 ish degrees, just building in extra capacity if needed. What would the ideal temperature settings be?
Thanks.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
On our cars we have the temperature probe in the top hose. As far as temperature settings are concerned we have a rotary dial set up and can play around with it. We just set the dial so that it automatically comes on when it looks/feels like the engine is starting to get too hot. What actual temperature that is I am not sure. Kenlowe used to recommend waiting until the gauge was showing well to the right of centre before the electric fan switched on (see picture) and would not cover the warranty if you set it to come on lower! We always set it to come on a bit earlier than they recommend.

Tim R

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 21.47.34.png