• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tachometer Screws

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone know the size of the screws that hold the tach workings in it’s case? The ones that mount through the backside of the case body? Thanks for any input.
Rick

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Interesting. It looks like maybe a 6-40 ?? Or is it a metric screw? In a 60's British device?

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Interesting. It looks like maybe a 6-40 ?? Or is it a metric screw? In a 60's British device?

Hi Tom. The tach is the Jaeger 2812/00A that is correct for the Tiger Mark 1A. I didn’t think there was any metric hardware fitted to Alpines or Tigers?
Rick

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, do you need a couple screws?

Hi Tom. Yes, I need a couple of screws for the tach. At some point the body was separated from the inner workings and the screws were “misplaced”. If you have a couple of extras I’ll gladly pay you for 2.
Rick

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Much of the Lucas, Smiths, Jaeger and similar component manufacturers continued to use British Standard/Whitworth long after the auto manufacturers changed over. I don't have one of those screws handy presently, but I'd venture to say they're still BA.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Much of the Lucas, Smiths, Jaeger and similar component manufacturers continued to use British Standard/Whitworth long after the auto manufacturers changed over. I don't have one of those screws handy presently, but I'd venture to say they're still BA.

Thanks Kevin! ;)

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, send me a PM with your address and I'll send a pair. Once I find what the postage is, you can send me some money via PayPal.

Tom