• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 Colour coded 61 interior...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Have just been offered a S3 Sports Colour coded 61 still with original paint. It comes with black interior and grey carpets, but if buying would like to turn it back means light blue seats with dark blue piping and light blue carpets. Would assume not many Quartz Blue Metallic cars were built but would love if somebody could post some pictures here of how the original interior looked like...

alpine_64

Donation Time
There was one in the UK that was a prime exmaple that featured at the Goodwood revival auction a couple of years ago ( pre pandemic) might be able to find those pics

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Do you think the interior was originally black or do you even care? Blue is really sweet looking, just wondering....

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Actually it had to be blue. For that body colour no other option was available. I do care about originality that's why I want to see how it looked...

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Do you have a source for an interior? Martha Christiansen @ ProPrep Interiors can make you a perfect reproduction, colors and all. She does excellent work. She's done blue seat covers with dark blue piping I installed for a customer of mine. She's also done interiors for my S2 and both my Tigers. Not cheap but well worth the money, especially for the Wilton Wool carpet.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bernd,

https://www.cromwellclassics.co.uk/classic-cars/sunbeam-alpine-series-3-1964-16995/

sunbeam-alpine-12.jpg

sunbeam-alpine-11.jpg

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Superb Michael, thanks. Acc. to the spare parts list the soft top flaps are the same as on any S4. Just asking because the very car is unfortunately missing the center flap...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
@junkman :

heard many good records about her interior jobs, but the logistics back and forth from Germany to US seems overshoot. Perhaps and if she would be willing to do we could ask her to prepare an upholstery kit just consisting of the covers. Carpetry we could get from Woolies in UK(Wilton wool, etc.) However have no connection to her ...

Last edited:

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here is Martha's contact info at ProPrep:

Contact Information
Pro-Prep Interiors
209 Nadine Ct
Incline Village, NV 89451
Title: Principal
Phone: (775) 833-1948

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the info guys - I have only seen them in pictures and thought they were all that style.

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Only vert early s3 have the seperate thigh squab
I'm not so sure about that. My Series 3, built in the third week of June 1963, has the separate thigh squabs and the parts list doesn't show any change in the parts numbers for the seats during Series 3 production.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
The previous car was the correct Colour. I missed it, because another guy paid the sticker price which I wasn't up to. Never met him yet, but at least he instantly became a member of our club, so it will remain under our observation...

p.s. That‘s the bespoken Beauty ...

AA856AFC-BB6E-4EF9-B443-74E1470DFA2C.jpeg

Last edited: