• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

K20 Series III Project

fastfrontier17

Donation Time
Not sure if this is a member on the SAOCA or not, but I wanted to share this forum post I saw on grass roots motorsports. Very interesting project. My first "car" in college was a 2003 RSX Type-S which used a K20A2. I put down 210 hp to the wheels on a dyno dynamics chassis dyno with just bolt-on modifications and tuning, so I'd be very interested in doing something like this one day in my spare Alpine.

For cliff notes, appears he has chosen a K24 (think CR-V, Element, Accord, or TSX) and Getrag 260 (from BMW E30)

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/f...ne-sunbeam-alpine-k-series-swap/179128/page1/

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rocco on the forum did a very neat honda s2000 install in his SII .. A d another member had sone the same iirc on a series V that was a veey original car when they got it.

fastfrontier17

Donation Time
Rocco on the forum did a very neat honda s2000 install in his SII .. A d another member had sone the same iirc on a series V that was a veey original car when they got it.
I've seen several engines as well. Possibly the V was the CA18DET. Always been partial to going with a Zetec myself, but the lack of engines and trans options make a k-series seem more promising (especially if someone else figures it out first).

alpine_64

Donation Time
I've seen several engines as well. Possibly the V was the CA18DET. Always been partial to going with a Zetec myself, but the lack of engines and trans options make a k-series seem more promising (especially if someone else figures it out first).
It wasn't the nissan or Toyota swaps. Def both running s2000 motors