• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Two cars for the price of one

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I came across these two cars on CL™
One is a project car and the other appears to be a barn find. Priced fair IMO

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/rescue-sunbeam-alpine/7428554746.html

00101_aaqSWnqWSR6z_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_ZqI80hghRGz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_7VPCGUA2lZnz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sure looks like a grand deal for some one. They are listd as '65's. Registered as '65's maybe but should be maybe '63 or earlier.

They are not SIV or SV iMO.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Hay!
Dan is correct, those do not look like 65 vintage.
At least the red one was kept somewhat covered.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Car on the trailer is a Sai/ii and has a series II screen .. Hardtop car in barn looks to be a sii aswell think i see the window guides

alpine_64

Donation Time
Cars in California had the year they were first registered, not the year they were built.
True.... But the latest a series II can be is early '63 so doubt at that point in the market you have 2 series II sitting on a lot for 1.5+ years...
Likely the seller just got it wrong

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
True.... But the latest a series II can be is early '63 so doubt at that point in the market you have 2 series II sitting on a lot for 1.5+ years...
Likely the seller just got it wrong
Hmm. My first Alpine was purchased new off the dealers lot in early September of '63. It had 127 miles on the odo and was titled in Indiana as a 1963. It was an early Series II as it had the grease gun tool kit.

Bill

wantasunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Seller confirmed the price is for both cars as a package deal.
I spoke to the supposed seller and asked him to take some more pics of the cars and said he would but didn’t I called back and he said they the cars are now located a a nursing home and that the home is under Quarantine and he’s just getting over covid 19 himself just one of many Excuses he came up with and then the last time I spoke to him on the phone he said come down and get them. He wouldn’t even send pictures of the titles

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Sounds like he just wants to move them as he is tired of having them around. If you are serious, like junkman said "Go get'em"

doggone03

Gold Level Sponsor
Saw the grey one on the same trailer, attached to the same truck about a year ago in my neighborhood. I know most Sunbeam owners or their cars in the area and left a business card on the windshield. Never heard back. It was in pretty bad shape due to rust. The grey primer is probably hiding more. No interior and probably not much as a parts car. Just saying.