• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Battery box

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone out there would have a good condition battery box I could weld into my S1? Mine is badly rotted out. Also, still looking for an outer spoke for my 13" S1 wheels. Want to get them blasted and stripped soon. Thanks

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dave, I'm having some battery boxes made....they will be exact duplicates of the originals.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'll keep you posted!

Not sure exactly how long before they will be ready.

I have a visit with my Fabricator for tomorrow.

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
The battery box is spot welded in. If you drill out the welds, the box will come out without mush trouble. Just FYI

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
That's the old what costs less a bunch of drill bits at three bucks a shot or one $10 husky diamond blade that I could probably cut a car in half with.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Well I found this battery hold down.
It came out of a one owner SV and is available.

Attachments

• PXL_20230814_215204759.jpg
    PXL_20230814_215204759.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 27

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have sold 6 of the battery boxes I had made. They are as near duplicare as possible.

Didn't have the tie down for a pattern or I would have done them also.

What's the going price, Warren?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'd ask you that same question Dan.
With all due respect for my Alpine brothers:)
The piece seems kinda useless as if the battery comes out of the box you have a bigger problem . If you need to make more of them all I need is your address. The rubber is old and dried up but aren't we all :)