• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alternative wheels SV. Let's see them.

Paul67

Gold Level Sponsor
I have a 67 SV with ET 5 slots wheels.
I'm interested in what anyone has tried that works other than the minilite/ panasport usual. And by work I mean look good.
Post your pictures! There must be some options out there that work.

Attachments

• 20211015_163117.jpg
    20211015_163117.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Very nice! And where did you find them?
Thanks…
Chip Foose…kidding but they are one-offs.
When I got the car a couple of years ago, it had a set Superior brand wheels sold by Sears in the 8os.
They had the pseudo, wire wheel baskets held on by spinners that would reach out and grab you if you got close.
I hated them. They looked like they’d be more at home on a 70s Caddy.
Being on a budget, I got creative. I polished the tubs that you couldn’t even see with the baskets on, found some blank center caps on eBay that would fit (not as easy as it sounds) and found a guy in the UK that die cut the Rootes emblems to size spec.
Less than $100, some time invested, some elbow grease, and I had my one of a kind Rootes wheels.
They actually look a little nicer than the photo and are usually the first thing I get asked about by other Sunbeamers online and at shows.

alpine_64

Donation Time
VTO offer 15" versions of the American racing libre ( also known as daisy) and Silverstone wheels in correct sunbeam offsets... Check them out.

There are 15" versions of the Sunbeam LAT 70s and 13"

Then there are all the wheels used on 60/70 fords that are 4x108 and porsche 928 wheels.

You want 13 /14/ 15" larger? Period or modern?

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Yes, excellent wheels Tod / Paul. I found mine at a yard sale. They are off a Hyundi, came with tires also for $150. they are a 195/ 55/R15.
wheels are a 4 inch pattern so I picked up a set of spacers to convert the 4-1/8 alpine hub to 4.
IMG_2055.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 51

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I thought about using Mustang “phone dial” rims that were on the 79 Mustang V6 donor.
Either with center caps or without them and smoothing the centers out. 5CC69AF8-0D94-4314-A277-3BF67C9C9BDA.jpeg

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, excellent wheels Tod / Paul. I found mine at a yard sale. They are off a Hyundi, came with tires also for $150. they are a 195/ 55/R15.
wheels are a 4 inch pattern so I picked up a set of spacers to convert the 4-1/8 alpine hub to 4.
View attachment 24545

The Series Alpine lug pattern is 4 x 4-1/4", not 4 x 4-1/8" and the Hyundai lug pattern is 4 x 100 mm which is 3.97", not 4".

Last edited:

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
A4A62B3F-0024-4710-B8FC-F5BF38416DE4.jpeg 3C03F9C5-75F2-474A-AC55-0F55EDA202F7.jpeg 7CAEDE49-C5DD-472F-9075-BB3F2D629ADF.jpeg Since first seeing the Dunlop wheels used on the early LeMans Jags & after rescuing “ Laza-rust “ from a barn where it had sat
since 1987 … the mismatched wheels & flat tires barely got it on the trailer ….. Thought was given to making Dunlop wannabes ,
The steel wheels from the Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate series were sorta close , ( & the bolt pattern was the same ) I had a Graduate
parts car w/ 4 , ( & Eric had a 5 th , he was kind enough to ship ) , a trip to the local “ hub caps a million “ store yielded a Mustang
hub cover w/ the same bolt pattern that fit perfectly within the Alfa wheel ….each wheel had to be drilled & tapped to mount the
Mustang covers , ( & the red plastic Mustang disks knocked out ) , an eBay search yielded the bogus knock off threads & spinner
that was a close OD to the Mustang center , back to eBay UK for the Dunlop decals , rattle can paint for the Alfa wheels & the
14” Alfa , Mustang , eBay bits gave “ Laza-rust “ new foot ware … low budget but they work & fun to look @ .A4A62B3F-0024-4710-B8FC-F5BF38416DE4.jpeg

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a 67 SV with ET 5 slots wheels.
I'm interested in what anyone has tried that works other than the minilite/ panasport usual. And by work I mean look good.
Post your pictures! There must be some options out there that work.
Superior dish mags, a friends sister had them on her Mustang II. 631D9823-DBA9-4BEF-B84D-09CDD24741D3.jpeg

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The look like Cooper RS3-A tires. They have an outside, but are not directional. Great tires, I run them on two of my vehicles.