• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parts Unknown?

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Can anyone tell me what car these might be from? They came in a box of Alpine/Tiger stuff I bought. If you can identify them, and you want them, they're yours. If not they'll go straight in the trash bin. I hate throwing parts out but if I have no idea what they're for, they are no use to me. IMG_9150.JPG IMG_9151.JPG IMG_9152.JPG IMG_9153.JPG IMG_9154.JPG IMG_9155.JPG IMG_9156.JPG IMG_9157.JPG Thanks for any help.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
How do you come up with all these odd ball parts:) ?

Hope you get an answer to what they are.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Kind of goes with boxes of parts that come with British sport car guys. Is it Sunbeam, triumph, MG??? Just throw it together let the next guy figure it out.

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sorry, Rick, Type 356 Porsche....They had models A,B and C. The linkage parts could be carb linkage for dual carbs. The part with round phenolic knob looked kinda like German window hardware to me.

Hi Shannon.
You’ll have to help me with what a Type 356 is?
Rick

hierogk

Donation Time
My guess is hardtop & vent window hardware and carb linkage for ???
The one piece sure looks like a hardtop vent window latch. If anyone has a left side vent window latch for a Series IV hardtop, I could use it. Mine went missing when the top was repainted (and I have a GT with no soft top).

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
The one piece sure looks like a hardtop vent window latch. If anyone has a left side vent window latch for a Series IV hardtop, I could use it. Mine went missing when the top was repainted (and I have a GT with no soft top).

I’m very familiar with the Sunbeam late Series hardtop hardware and this is definitely not from a Sunbeam. It does look like window latch hardware.
Rick

hierogk

Donation Time
I’m very familiar with the Sunbeam late Series hardtop hardware and this is definitely not from a Sunbeam. It does look like window latch hardware.
Rick
Hi Rick,
I didn't mean to imply the latch in the picture is from a Sunbeam. I only referenced it to make the forum aware I am looking for a left side latch for a Series IV hardtop. I agree, the pictured latch looks German. Any help locating a latch for my car would be appreciated.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Rick,
I didn't mean to imply the latch in the picture is from a Sunbeam. I only referenced it to make the forum aware I am looking for a left side latch for a Series IV hardtop. I agree, the pictured latch looks German. Any help locating a latch for my car would be appreciated.

I do have a left side 1/4 lite latch for the late Series Hardtop available. If you send me a PM with your email address I'll send you some pictures.
Rick

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
The 356 suggestions are good. Yes, the latch and the rod all are very similar to 356 latches and the carb linkage, and definitely the white plastic knobs. But, I can confirm that they are not actually 356 parts.

I did find a BMW latch that was similar, with the "button" going through the glass. The Porsche ones all are metal to metal mounts. I'll keep looking around though. Don't ditch them yet!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
There's also some other latches from the Bug convertibles.
Look up West Coast Metric or Wolfsburg West to name a few vendors.