• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LeMans for sale

napa 1

Donation Time
Well here I go again with the notion of selling my special car. Have been talking with the folks at BaT, Hemmings and lately have bonhams trying to convince me to add it to the catalogue at Scottsdale in January.
Believe me, I’ve been agonizing over this and likely will regret selling it after the fact, but I’m fairly sure now it is the right thing for me to do. Let another collector enthusiast enjoy it since I just pretty much keep it covered in the garage. Im not willing to let it go unless the price and buyer seems right. So just thought I’d give you all the heads up that you may see it out there and think I’ve lost my mind..which I may have.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well here I go again with the notion of selling my special car. Have been talking with the folks at BaT, Hemmings and lately have bonhams trying to convince me to add it to the catalogue at Scottsdale in January.
Believe me, I’ve been agonizing over this and likely will regret selling it after the fact, but I’m fairly sure now it is the right thing for me to do. Let another collector enthusiast enjoy it since I just pretty much keep it covered in the garage. Im not willing to let it go unless the price and buyer seems right. So just thought I’d give you all the heads up that you may see it out there and think I’ve lost my mind..which I may have.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Like the picture of the Webasto roof . Been wanting to find a hardtop to put one in.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yep, took me a while. To many projects, slow body shop and heavy job/family involvement. As life goes. Still need another year or so...

Last edited:

napa 1

Donation Time
Yep, took me a while. To many projects, slow body shop and heavy job/family involvement. As life goes. Still need another year or so...
Haha. But I know it'll be awesome when completed. Hope you and family are staying well.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Haha. But I know it'll be awesome when completed. Hope you and family are staying well.
Hope it will turn out as good as intended ;). Body has been sandblasted, all new welded up, lead loaded and next step is to reattach the roof. Just recently trial fitted the door glasses, which you had cutted for me. They do fit a treat. Step by step...

IMG_0097.jpg

P.S. Family is doing fine , except complaining that the HLM completion takes to long. Hope yours too...

Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Since there is some recognition from another angle. With an excellent Chris D. front valance replacement:

1634390328166_IMG_0100.jpg

Have a look @ the panel gaps...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks. Body shop is good, but slow. A bit of progress from when I bought that nasty f......g project. However since pricing is good, I won't complain....

BD.jpg

Last edited:

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
When you glue the fiber top on to the body, you need to have the windscreen installed to locate the fiber top properly.
Did you do that?
Jan