• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Burned Wire

loose_electron

Donation Time
Jerry, I have no disagreement about use of a fuse on the main cable from the battery, although, like Jan, I have not seen an insulation failure in that cable. But the point of my post was only to point out that that fuse would likely not prevent the overheated battery due to overcharging that Shannon experienced.

Tom
Agreed, one of the blessings of single cable alternators is that they make this whole setup simple and reliable. Older systems were often a problem.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
H#ll Auto Zone sells 19 different fuses set up to go directly on the battery in cars, so that's nonsense.
(Talk about nonsense!) Again I will say, our cars don't need a battery fuse....LoL! Nor do ANY vintage vehicles of 50 years old. They are fine and don't need a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Jan

loose_electron

Donation Time
(Talk about nonsense!) Again I will say, our cars don't need a battery fuse....LoL! Nor do ANY vintage vehicles of 50 years old. They are fine and don't need a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Jan

Like I said already, do what you want. You have your opinion. I have mine.