• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Judging Guide

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
Jim L. here is a picture the dash for the SIII GT, 1963. North American Market. If need be it can be blown up and cropped for a better look. $_59(6).JPG

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Are those seats correct for a Series 3 GT? I think they should have the separate centre cushion and side bolsters and edge piping to match the vehicle colour. The steering wheel centre boss is also missing. I have a picture of the interior of my car and tried to load it, but the system says it's too big.

Limey

Donation Time
Hello

Just a final plug for assistance on the Alpine Judging Guide. I have attached the latest version of the photos we need. I would estimate the guide is 80% complete. We just need these photos to get us home. I know some of you have sent photos of parts not installed. We may eventually use them but for now I am trying to get photos of parts/features on the car. I thank you for your continued support.

Jim L
View attachment 22232
Hi,

I hope these are of interest. 12 year resto to factory original. I drained the brains of the sages so I hope nothing is in error. It might interest you to note the Tecalmit transfer on the oil filter cover and the 'slope backed' brake master as per parts book as well as the ignition cable separator on the dizzy cap. The tubes are period correct Bundy tube NOT copper looking modern option pipe. The radio is the correct SII accessory as is the fog lamp switch. Tyre jack has the correct label. Anyway. Hope these are of some use.

Attachments

• IMG_5177.JPG
    IMG_5177.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5178.JPG
    IMG_5178.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5179.JPG
    IMG_5179.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5180.JPG
    IMG_5180.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5181.JPG
    IMG_5181.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5182.JPG
    IMG_5182.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5183.JPG
    IMG_5183.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5184.JPG
    IMG_5184.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5185.JPG
    IMG_5185.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5186.JPG
    IMG_5186.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 55

Limey

Donation Time
some more

Attachments

• IMG_5187.JPG
    IMG_5187.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5197.JPG
    IMG_5197.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5196.JPG
    IMG_5196.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5195.JPG
    IMG_5195.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5194.JPG
    IMG_5194.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5193.JPG
    IMG_5193.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5192.JPG
    IMG_5192.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5191.JPG
    IMG_5191.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5188.JPG
    IMG_5188.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5189.JPG
    IMG_5189.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 47

Limey

Donation Time
last ones

Attachments

• IMG_5198.JPG
    IMG_5198.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5203.JPG
    IMG_5203.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5202.JPG
    IMG_5202.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5201.JPG
    IMG_5201.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5200.JPG
    IMG_5200.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 55

Limey

Donation Time
Awesome photos. Will really help fill in the gaps.

Question: Is inside the grill mouth painted black like on later series and Tiger? If so, a photo would really help.

Thanks

jim
Not Yet - But should be. Thee are pics out there.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Are those seats correct for a Series 3 GT? I think they should have the separate centre cushion and side bolsters and edge piping to match the vehicle colour. The steering wheel centre boss is also missing. I have a picture of the interior of my car and tried to load it, but the system says it's too big.
The GT seats were not different to the ST seats...the seperate thigh support squab was actaully a detail of all early S3 cars. This was a seat supplied by microcell ( and offered for other cars as an upgrade) in later 63 they changed the design to consolidate the base sqaub.

If you look at early series 3 ST road tests they have the split base squab too

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Those appear to be the correct seat covers not properly glued to the foams. For the later S3 seats.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Those appear to be the correct seat covers not properly glued to the foams. For the later S3 seats.
You are right the pleats on the base squab sould be glued to the bucketed foam.
Seat covers are correct for late SIV..
To be Correct for late s3 and early siv they would need the contrasting piping .. Unless a code 1 car

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I did have an S3 GT in # 68 Autumn Gold that did not have contrasting piping, but did have the 1 piece bottom cover (7 pleats) and the 2 piece back.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I was wondering how this effort is coming.

It's an ambitious goal to complete this docuentation and completion deserves everyone's support.

My Series I isn't 100% original but bits and pieces that are factory original can be photographed, if
needed.

So if Series I photos are still needed let me (and everyone) know.

I'll supply whatever I can.

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
hi AL, I just now read your message regarding the seat upholstery. Please send me your photo. I'd love to see the piping, and centre cushion. if need be I can give you my emailaddress. Lemmekno...

Limey

Donation Time
Hi All - Are we also working on an Accessories list? I was marked down for my correct S2 radio at our National concours o_O