• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Queen's English Car Show

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
By the way Jay told me in Malibu a few weeks ago that he had a black car but was unsure if it was a respray or a code 1 car. After having heard his story several times it was the first I'd heard his was black. Black is a very rare Tiger color according to Norm , seems everyone has a red or green one ;)

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Guys, I sent in my registration but did not get anything to show when I arrive at the event. Is that normal?
Also, with the Pandemic going on, are there any changes to the schedule?
Thanks
belmateo

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
John, please let us know what you hear. I sent off an email to them, but I know it's too soon for them to have replied.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
As I recall I haven't got anything form them in the past I just show up after paying by the cutoff date which is always the best because I think it's like a couple days before. I show up and say yeah I'm pretty registered and they hand me my goodie bag which isn't really much other than a bag with a magazine but oh well.
I think that if it's canceled that we should have some little go out and burn some rubber and burn some gas fun stay in our cars and head down to a beach parking lot. My small Honda group is talking about driving the death valley I'm sure it'll easy to stay far apart given the dust those guys create.

venice532

Donation Time
I emailed them a couple of days ago asking if they were leaning towards cancelling.

I also asked them if they were going to give refunds if the event didn't happen.

This is the reply I got:

The city has told us they have canceled events through April 4 and since we are April 5 we are good to go. We will see if they change their mind. We will email and post on the website.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
That is good news!
Thanks
Well, I don't know, I wouldn't be to optimistic about things getting better in 17 days. I'm not going to go down in the fallout shelter for 30 days, but don't think I'll be hanging around with a group of people from everywhere and anywhere.
Just sayin'''

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'm a borderline seasoned citizen... I'll probably just go cruise the beach and burn some cheap gas.

venice532

Donation Time
I just got an email from the organizers saying they postponed the Queen's English show. The new date is September 27th.
Bob

65beam

Donation Time
I'm a borderline seasoned citizen... I'll probably just go cruise the beach and burn some cheap gas.
Gas is cheap in this area. We're seeing $1.62 per gallon. Speculation is that we could see prices drop to the $1.00 per gallon range.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Just got this.
RE-SCHEDULED AGAIN
I talked to the Park Dept today and they will not issue a permit for Sept. 27.

We are now scheduled for April 25, 2021.

More time to get your car ready :)

If you registered online we can apply it to next year or refund. Please email your preference.

If you mailed a check it has not been cashed, We will destroy as we could not cash in 2021.

See you next year...