• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Seat Backing

donchiotos

Donation Time
I am putting on Sunbeam Specialities seat covers and all going ok until I tried to locatwe the 2 cardboard backing pieces that goes into the seat back under the foam and covers. I can find coragated cardboard but that isn't the same. My

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Go to an upholstery shop and get the board that they use to make panels. It resembles thick
cardboard ( usually black in color). It can be cut bent bent to make the backing on the seat
frames. It can be pop riveted as well, much like the originals.

You can also try the plastic ABS sheets that you can buy at Home Depot. They are used to
make surrounds in showers ( has a pebbled texture on one side, smooth on the other.
I have never used them, but might be an alternative if you can't find the board.

Hope that helps,
Steve

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Go to an upholstery shop and get the board that they use to make panels. It resembles thick
cardboard ( usually black in color). It can be cut bent bent to make the backing on the seat
frames. It can be pop riveted as well, much like the originals.

You can also try the plastic ABS sheets that you can buy at Home Depot. They are used to
make surrounds in showers ( has a pebbled texture on one side, smooth on the other.
I have never used them, but might be an alternative if you can't find the board.

Hope that helps,
Steve
Call Martha wheat I don’t have her address or number at hand I will dig it out when I get home this evening. She makes beam upholstery and has the cardboard. 65 75 dollars

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
We used ABS sheet bought a whole sheet from a Plastic Supply house for the 60 bucks you mentioned here had enough left over to do kick panels door panels etc. .062 thickness sheet sizes are huge as there used for vacume forming 56x96 etc here's the doors panels we made

Attachments

• IMG_20191215_102959664.jpg
    IMG_20191215_102959664.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

donchiotos

Donation Time
Thanks for all the information. I finally found the board at Rockford Supply www.rockfordsupply.com. It is the same type board that came with the seats as far as I can tell. 32x48 $6.90 each. Next step is to cut them and pop rivet them to the seat rails.

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for all the information. I finally found the board at Rockford Supply www.rockfordsupply.com. It is the same type board that came with the seats as far as I can tell. 32x48 $6.90 each. Next step is to cut them and pop rivet them to the seat rails.
I’ve been looking for the upholstery board as well. Your link goes to a ‘parked’ web page. Is it possibly supposed to have an ‘h’ in place of ‘k’? I found what you were describing at http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Automotive/Automotive_Misc/Panel_Board_-_Waterproof/index.html

Thanks for the tip!

canuck pride

Donation Time
We used ABS sheet bought a whole sheet from a Plastic Supply house for the 60 bucks you mentioned here had enough left over to do kick panels door panels etc. .062 thickness sheet sizes are huge as there used for vacume forming 56x96 etc here's the doors panels we made
Reading an old post on seat rebuilds I see that you had used the ABS method. I was wondering if this was something that you would do again this way or was if difficult to form it? Thanks mike

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I get mine from a local silk screening shop, we call it card stock. They use it for campaign signs and such. It’s perfect for seat backs on all series seats as far as I’ve seen.