• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SII Oil Cooler base and Oil Filter ?

stevenalcala

Silver Level Sponsor
For years I have been running a late style oil filter base ( throw away type of oil filter ). But now I am trying to make my 1962 SII Sebring Alpine more stock. So I installed an old style oil filter base ( renewable element type of oil filter ). Well the chambers in the bases don't match and I got no oil pressure when I started it up. (I shut the motor down after fifteen seconds of that.)

So is there an old and late style oil cooler base?

Steven Alcala020.JPG 019.JPG

alpine_64

Donation Time
Steve,

Yes different passages between early and late filter bases... Another comon issue is people fit the wrong filter base gasket and block their oil flow.

The early cars didnt have a cooler as stock. The optional cooler from the special tunning comp kit can been seen in illustrations in the handbook iirc

65beam

Donation Time
Steve,
I have the complete oil cooler / filter unit including lines and cooler that was part of the competition option for the 1592 engine but they won't fit the engine that you've been using if the spin on filter block has been in use.

stevenalcala

Silver Level Sponsor
Steve,
I have the complete oil cooler / filter unit including lines and cooler that was part of the competition option for the 1592 engine but they won't fit the engine that you've been using if the spin on filter block has been in use.
Thanks for looking! I really appreciate it. I'm trying to get my Sebring Alpine back to car-show stock. This would be a great help.
Steven Alcala
PH 310-941-0659
120 Sheldon St.
El Segundo Ca. 90245