• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Blower motor wiring?

rayodesolalpino

Donation Time
The PO cut one of the leads on my blower motor. I need to know where it connects. It's not the ground that bolts to blower support, but the other accompanying black wire. Shop manual is vague given image under "heater." It is not included on wiring diagram. Think it might go to blower switch, but would need to know which lead it connects to on back of switch, if so. I tried to attach pic with cut lead.

Attachments

• IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 39

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
20190101_214740.jpg Maybe this will help!

Green to number 6 terminal
Brown to number 8 terminal

Attachments

• 20190101_212253.jpg
    20190101_212253.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190101_212415.jpg
    20190101_212415.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 49

rayodesolalpino

Donation Time
Thanks, Dan! I get green to terminal 6 and brown to terminal 8 on blower switch. The lead in question is black and comes from the blower motor proper, not the green resistor. From your photos, it looks like the black lead in question attaches to the resistor where the brown wire attaches?!?!

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
On mine there are two black wires coming out of the heater. You put one to earth on the support bracket the other one goes to the green resistor. The wires from the terminals on the switch either go to the opposite end of the resistor (low speed) or the same end as the black wire connects (high speed). I think you might need to check which black wire is the earth so that the fan blows the right way!
Tim R

65beam

Donation Time
One black wire should have a connector that will allow the use of a 1/4--28 bolt to fasten it to the body. The other will probably have a female connector or a connection that could be soldered.

67BEAMR

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks, Dan! I get green to terminal 6 and brown to terminal 8 on blower switch. The lead in question is black and comes from the blower motor proper, not the green resistor. From your photos, it looks like the black lead in question attaches to the resistor where the brown wire attaches?!?!
Black and brown to resistor at one end. Second wire from switch to other end of resistor. This gives 2 speeds. 1 thrust resistor slow and faster straight to black wire with brown alternate wire from switch-