• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 OD Speedometer wanted

raceatr3

Donation Time
Searching for an OD speedometer for a series 3. Should have 1408 on the face. Non working is fine.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Check with Allan Ballard as he has a Series IV that's pretty much the same as a Series 3.

Cheers!
Steve

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
The series IV speedometer for O/D is 1526 revs per mile vs the series III speedometer 1408. Approx 8% diff.

Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
The s3 had the 3.89 and Od combo so taller geared. The face of the gauge is the same as the siv.

I had 2 x s3 od speedos sold one to a guy for his s3. I still have the other but was going to put in my sii with 3.89 and od..but i also went 14" so would not be correct anyway as im running a larger rolling radius.

Might consider parting with it

raceatr3

Donation Time
The s3 had the 3.89 and Od combo so taller geared. The face of the gauge is the same as the siv.

I had 2 x s3 od speedos sold one to a guy for his s3. I still have the other but was going to put in my sii with 3.89 and od..but i also went 14" so would not be correct anyway as im running a larger rolling radius.

Might consider parting with it
I would be interested in the S3 OD speedo. Please advise if you would like to sell and at what price.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I would be interested in the S3 OD speedo. Please advise if you would like to sell and at what price.

Ill let you know in a week or so, got to go get to my spares.. Also need to test it, if it needs a rebuild it woulf probably be more coat effective for you ro modify your existing one.

As a side note you need the right toothed drive gear at the 'box end too

raceatr3

Donation Time
Ill let you know in a week or so, got to go get to my spares.. Also need to test it, if it needs a rebuild it woulf probably be more coat effective for you ro modify your existing one.

As a side note you need the right toothed drive gear at the 'box end too
Any progress tracking down the speedo? OK if it does not work. I'll send it off to Nosinger.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
What is the parts designation number?
I have a IV around here somewhere - it may be the same.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi raceart3 i am sorry i hadnt got back to you, i didn't get a chance to get to the storage, as im not sure of the working condition it might be better to either rebuild and adjust ratio or get a gear reduction box made ( either way can also have it adjusted to your wheel/ tyre combo rolling radius.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Allan,

The s3 OD speedo was specific to that model as it used a 3.889 diff even when OD was fitted... Tallest gearing used in an alpine.

Only the h120 and gls had taller geating for a rootes car with o/d and 3.70

( tigers ran 2.88 ... But thats with v8 torque and obviously different driveline)