• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Non syncro OD transmission

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I was looking through my spare parts yesterday, ahead of my short drive to the United this weekend, and realized that I had completely forgotten that I was thinking about selling my non syncro OD transmission. I have had it for about 10 years (it came with my S3 project) and the PO had it for quite a while before I bought it. He said it had been rebuilt before he bought it, but I have no way of knowing its condition.

Let me know if you are going to be on Long Island this weekend and are interested in discussing it. I will bring it with me if there is any interest. Otherwise, it will stay on the shelf until the next good opportunity.

raceatr3

Donation Time
I was looking through my spare parts yesterday, ahead of my short drive to the United this weekend, and realized that I had completely forgotten that I was thinking about selling my non syncro OD transmission. I have had it for about 10 years (it came with my S3 project) and the PO had it for quite a while before I bought it. He said it had been rebuilt before he bought it, but I have no way of knowing its condition.

Let me know if you are going to be on Long Island this weekend and are interested in discussing it. I will bring it with me if there is any interest. Otherwise, it will stay on the shelf until the next good opportunity.
Are you still interested in selling the transmission?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Are you still interested in selling the transmission?
I would sell it for the right price, although I am not sure at the moment what that price is. I offered it up before the United because I am too lazy to want to deal with shipping. So, the "right" has to be big enough to justify the hassles of shipping. That probably sounds dickish, but just trying to be honest. Send me a PM if you want to discuss it.

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Dear Jim: wondering if the "right price" ever showed up for your non synchro overdrive? I am doing a 1962 Harrington LeMans and need the OD gearbox desperately as somebody swapped it out of my Harrington. Happy to hear your price and likely to step up to it as I am capable of going through it before I fit it to the car and even have a friend with a testing rig for british OD trannys. Please let me know if we could work something out. You will be helping a very worthy rescue of the HLM car. Thanks Bert Bennett. Irvine, CA

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Bert. I still have the tranny. Let me do a little research on it to try to find out what a fair price would be. I'll send you a PM shortly.

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Thanks so much. Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, Bert
Hoping you have arrived at a price that will make you happy as I need to move as quickly as I can on my drivetrain and I know packing and shipping takes time . Many many thanks. Bert Bennett

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Working on it. I first had to dig it out of storage. I'll have something for you tomorrow.

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
After my rallying cry above for overdrive gearboxes, I ended up with two of them; both non synchro but with overdrive and in pretty good shape. I had a professional overdrive man rebuild them both and I am selling one basically for cost. It is an early non synchro box suitable for Harrington LeMans or any early car and, if you aren't hung up on having synchro, suitable for any Alpine. I have a list of what was done in the rebuild after which the unit was run on the genuine HVDA (Herman VandenAkker) test bed for eight hours and was smooth as silk and leak free. (Herman was a well known rebuilder also who created the 5 speed conversion kits now sold by Moss Motors for many British Cars) Suffice it to say that first class people did the work, and did it correctly. Unit will come without shifter, rear yoke, or bellhousing and will be professionally crated for shipping. Please PM me for more info and pictures but this is a great opportunity. Bert Bennett.

Last edited: