• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Body Number

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
The chassis number (aka VIN number) on a S-V is stamped on a data plate mounted near the hood latch panel.

Ashfried

Donation Time
On the registry they ask for the engine # on the engine block & Chassis, which is the data plate,
but also the body # which seems to be 6 numbers starting with a "6".

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ash, The Body No "field" in the Registry is actually the SAL number. Your ALpine will or should have a SAL on "a seperate plate", Next the Data Plate if I am correct.

NOTE: (I edited this POST to correct an error I made in wording).

Last edited:

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
On my S-V, the body / SAL number is NOT on the Data Plate; as previously posted, it is stamped on a separate tag that is about 1/2" x 3".

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ash, The Body No "field" in the Registry is actually the SAL number. Your ALpine will or should have a SAL next to the Data Plate if I am correct.

I miss worded in the prior post. Should have "next to" not "on" the data plate

65beam

Donation Time
If you look close at this photo you'll see the body tag number or SAL tag mounted with two small screws on the flat part under the hood. There is info in the tech section on this forum that gives detailed info concerning the tags. 107_1011.JPG