• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Replacing Motor Mounts

jfcroni

Donation Time
I have new motor mounts from Rootes in NL. I went to replace them today and found it a challenge... I got the drivers side in easily, but the pass side is giving me fits. Any tips?

Last edited:

jfcroni

Donation Time
I'm replacing the motor mounts due to vibration issues with VB very hard rubber mounts. I pulled the bolts on both mounts, jacked the engine up and replaced the driver side mount... but I could not lift the engine enough to free one of the studs on the passenger side mount (rubber to front plate lower hole). Wondering if anyone has a trick on this procedure.

Phile 46

Donation Time
Hook 1 side lower engin raise again this time place the jack so the engine will roatate toward the hooked side should have room 2 refit

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
My recollection is I jacked straight up on the sump using wood plus some rubber matting. The engine was balanced, not leaning to one side or the other. With the engine raised, I was able to push the engine to one side, remove and install the mount on the opposite side from where I had pushed the engine. Then repeat the same process in the opposite direction to replace the other mount. Then adjust the engine side-to-side while lowering the jack to ensure the engine becomes centered on the mounts.

Mike

jfcroni

Donation Time
By the way - the mount on the driver side was separated... that is... the rubber was separated from the plate on the frame... It was new 2 years ago. Getting that one replaced did help with the vibration problem.