• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber conversion questions

rayodesolalpino

Donation Time
Apologies for the re-hash. A few Weber conversion questions. I have a SIV with the Pierce intake manifold.

Where can I get the linkage that I will need? Pierce Manifold or SS? I also thought I read where jumpinjan sold a linkage, or had a build for one. No response from him/her when I contacted.

Also, will I need the 1/4" carb spacer?

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I'm assuming from the carb spacer need you bought a single down draft manifold not dcoe.

Peirce will see you a build your self linkage kit, your best bet is SS or if Jan on this forum still sells a dgv linkage kit just make sure which side your throttle lever is on your carb depending which dd carb you have it can be near or offside.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Thanks, Michael! Yes, its the DD Weber not the DCOE.

Love the silver/grey color of your Alpine...BTW

What Michael is referring to is that there are several models of DD carbs (DGV and DFV) that will fit, they are mirror images of each other as far as the linkage goes. You need to know the config as the linkage is specific to the carb type.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thanks, Michael! Yes, its the DD Weber not the DCOE.

Love the silver/grey color of your Alpine...BTW

Thanks ray,

It's a maserati lightning silver, which is an unusual colour, can be a dark gunmetal grey in some lights, light silver in others and then a pearl gradient between grey and silver... oh it's actually on my tiger ( not obvious in the profile picture) my alpine is of course in red :cool:

md_619.jpg

md_574.jpg

md_589.jpg