• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'67 Series V

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Updated - 1967 Sunbeam Alpine For Sale in Vanceburg, Kentucky – 606-541-1237 - t.gilbert@windstream.net
Restored, very solid original car, now 99% finished. Car sat in a barn from 1987 to 2010 when I purchased it. Owned by same family since 1974, has 46,000 miles. Rust free body but had a lot of dents and dings and worn out paint. Originally green, now painted red with period-correct acrylic enamel (w/hardener), sanded and buffed. Runs and drives excellent.
-New shoes and pads, rotors/drums resurfaced, new master cylinder and all brake lines. Original booster needs rebuilt but has been bypassed and brakes are excellent without it. Clutch cylinders rebuilt.
-Gas tanks professionally repaired and sealed.
-New starter, new water pump, alternator rebuilt, new voltage regulator, new radiator and heater hoses, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor and points.
-New shocks, new tires on polished aluminum Mustang II wheels, and new spare on original wheel with hubcap and trim ring. 3 original wheels and 2 sets of slotted steel Mustang II wheels go with the car.
-Some new chrome, some polished original. Bumpers are good but need rechromed (two extra bumpers go with car). All rubber seals (doors, windows, trunk, firewall grommets, etc) are new. New windshield installed, original windshield goes with the car.
-New Robbins top, all new interior including seats, carpet, door/kick/rear panels, dash pad, cubby box, console, all trim and seals, and more.
-New stainless steel exhaust system from downpipe back.
This car is tagged and insured and is driven occasionally right now. The list of new and rebuilt parts is too long to list here, but a lot of hours and a lot of money have gone into the restoration. Every part, nut and bolt that was removed and replaced has been cleaned, polished, and repainted if required. This is an extremely solid, rust-free, low-mileage Alpine that just needs a couple of minor things to be finished:
1. Car has good, straight (decent looking) bumpers that just need rechromed and installed.
2. Speedometer magnets are weak and speedo does not work properly. Odometer works fine.
3. Brake booster needs rebuilt and installed. Brakes work fine manually now.
Mechanically, this car runs and drives great. The only issue is the synchronizers in the transmission are not great, and it will grind sometimes when downshifting, mostly 2nd to 1st. It upshifts perfectly.
Asking price is $13,000, (which is the current KY property tax assessment and the current insurance appraisal). This includes some extra parts, including an extra matched pair of carbs, as well as all the original parts that were replaced, and some extra wheels. Some of the parts that were replaced were working fine but I felt it was better to replace them as a precaution (water pump, starter, etc.). The windshield was ok but had some scratches so I installed a new one. Most of the new parts installed on this car were purchased from Sunbeam Specialties, with some from Victoria British. A few used parts (including the Holy Grail headlight rims) were purchased from Alpine Ian.
If you are seriously interested in buying this car, give me a call. Reasonable offers will be considered, but no trades.

Attachments

• 000_2219_resized.jpg
    000_2219_resized.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 58
  • 000_2204_resized.jpg
    000_2204_resized.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 000_2030_resized.jpg
    000_2030_resized.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 000_2212_resized.jpg
    000_2212_resized.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 000_2037_resized.jpg
    000_2037_resized.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Just added some pics. These are some progress pics. The car is much more complete now. I'll try to take some fresh ones this weekend. If anyone wants detailed pictures, just let me know and I'll be sure to get them too.

Thanks for looking,
Marty

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
More new pics!!!!

Attachments

• 000_2023.jpg
    000_2023.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 000_2024.jpg
    000_2024.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 000_2026.jpg
    000_2026.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 228

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Keep lookin' guys and gals....Let me know if you want a close-up of anything...

Attachments

• 000_2028.jpg
    000_2028.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 000_2029.jpg
    000_2029.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 137

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
350+ looks...no comments, and 1 phone call....Has everyone lost their enthusiasm for Alpines??

Attachments

• 000_2034.jpg
    000_2034.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 323
  • 000_2035.jpg
    000_2035.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 000_2036.jpg
    000_2036.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 195

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Nice car. If I had mad money, I would buy it and stash it. Not many around like that. But why on earth would you put such a great paint job on it and not do thje trunk as well?

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Thanks. I wasn't particularly concerned with absolute 100 point originality with this project so I took a few liberties.
If the next owner wanted to take correctness to the next level, it won't be hard to do. There's nearly a full gallon of extra paint that comes with the car along with all original parts that have been replaced, plus extras, and new parts that haven't been installed yet. New top, carpets, ect.

When the trunk was needing paint, the paint hadn't been bought yet. LOL...as far as that goes, the color the car was going to be wasn't decided yet. If you look at the pics you'll see inside the tub is black or original paint also. No pics, but the underneath is also black.

Work is at a standstill, I hope someone makes an offer soon and can enjoy it this summer.
ALL reasonable offers considered, I can stand to throw in the labor value for free, but it's not to the point yet that I can afford to lose actual cash investment.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
No, your price point looks in line.

Just means this is probably not the right venue for your car.

Try ebay, good looking cars tend to fetch fair prices there.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Bump!!!

2300 page views...1 phone call....1 comment online......Am I doing something wrong here??

Nice looking paint job and nice looking engine bay and nice facility you have there to work in also. Seems as if you'd want to finish restoring your car and enjoy it.

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Nice looking paint job and nice looking engine bay and nice facility you have there to work in also. Seems as if you'd want to finish restoring your car and enjoy it.

Thanks for the compliments.

The desire is still there to finish it, but circumstances are limiting the ability. Financial setbacks leading to the potential loss of that nice garage have just taken priority.