• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carolina British Classics VI & SOS 2012

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello fellow Beamers,
I am inviting each of you to come join us this year at our 6th annual S.O.S / Carolina British Classics VI car show. This will be a weekend of Sunbeam fun and activities. I firmed up the host motel today and the show registration should be on our club's web site now.

The tentative list of events for this weekend are:

March 30th - Friday
Arrive at host motel - check in
Go to the concert on Friday night sponsored by the Tartan Day South.
Come back to the hotel for pizza, parts swap and Sunbeam video

March 31st - Saturday
Carolina British Classics VI 8:30 - 3:00 in conjunction with Tartan Day South
http://www.tartandaysouth.com/
Host motel - Parts room will be open , refreshments served 3:00 - 7:00
Convoy to Hudson's BBQ at 7:00pm
Back to host motel for beer and lies

April 1st
Group breakfast in lobby 9:00 am
guest depart

The motel is The Wingate. It is very nice and they discounted our rooms by 20%. The room rate is $84.00 per night. When you call just say you are with the British Car Show. They also have Suites that are $104.00 for the Tiger owners! lol The link is:
http://www.wingatehotels.com/hotels...umbia-lexington/hotel-overview?hotel_id=30544

The link for the registration to the show is our local British Car Club:
http://www.bccmc.com/CBC-VI.html

We will have a parts room that will be locked when we are not there so you can bring lots of parts and not have to worry about them. Please request what part you are looking for so a fellow members can bring it to the show.

Feel free to ask me or Eric Gibeaut about this weekend if you have any questions. We look forward to having 20 plus Sunbeams gather here that weekend.

Cheers,
Todd

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob, Can you bring both Alpines? I am hoping that Kim can bring her Seacrest Green Series 3 and Judy have her Seacrest Green Series II.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
GREAT!!!! We are approaching around ten Sunbeams ALREADY!!!!!

Some fun stuff is in the works for this weekend!!!!

BRING PARTS!!!!

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Doug,
That's great news! The weekend Sunbeam group keeps growing.

March 30th- April 1st guys and gals! Get those winter projects rolling!!!

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
For this show do we need to bring our own shade? Even in March it can get a quite hot just sitting.
See you there, We're trying the Tin Can again, If we take it a bit slower I'm pretty sure it'll make it BOTH ways :D

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, Tents are welcome! I will have a tent / tailgate lined up already for the Sunbeam gang. So instead of "yes" tents are welcome. I should have said we are good.

Tell TC not to get the hardluck award again!!!!

Cheers,

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I know the Columbia Speedway area very well, but have never actually seen the speedway itself because it sits just over a small hill and out of site from the entrance. My hats off to you for putting this together, Todd. Just the idea alone is impressive. :)

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK Guys and Gals,

It's time to get the registration coming so we can start the planning of events. So far the tenative schedule is:

Scottish rock band down by the river on Friday night.
Pizza back at the motel on Friday night.
Carolina British Classics VI at Columbia Motor Speedway tied in with Tartan Day South

Saturday afternoon - parts room open at the motel4:00-7:00
Hudson's BBQ 6:00P.M. 2 miles from host motel
Sunbeam Games - Back in the parts room - 8:00 P.M. Lot's of cool stuff to give away!

Let's get registered!
http://www.bccmc.com/uploads/2012_BCCMC_CBC-VI_Registration_2_Pg.pdf

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
So far 12 Sunbeams are pre-registered and I have spoken to several other owners who plan on coming as well-some with their projects on trailers so we can admire their progress! So no matter what condition your car is, come and join us at the largest gathering of Sunbeams in the South so far this year. We are going to have a great weekend! Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Let's go guys and gals,

There is no reason not to have 20 Sunbeams here for this show. The last day for early registration is February 28th. You will only pay $25.00 and you get a free t-shirt by pre-registering.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob,
We have 12 registered and 5 that are coming that are not pre-registered that I know of. So 17 so far. We had 19 last year. I want this event to grow each year so I need at least three more to come join us. Where are the Tigers? Right now only two of the 17 are Tigers!

Please pre-register today or Tuesday for your free t-shirt. Having pre-registered cars makes it a lot easier to lay out the show grounds for parking. It also helps me in making arrangements for parking for Friday night at the Celtic rock band concert and the restaurant on Saturday night.

Thanks for pre-registering Bob! We look forward to seeing you in a month!

Cheers,