• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Zenith 42 WIA carburetters

alpineracer

Diamond Level Sponsor
Anyone have experience with these?

Tech Spec Page indicates these are 42mm throttle plates versus the 36mm of the 36 WIA/WIP 2 carbs.

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jarrid,
Are these the carbs that were used on the British Ford Zephyr? If so UK Ford club might be able to offer some advice. Any Alpiners here also a member of a UK club for Zephyrs?

Regards,
Paul.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Jarrid,
Are these the carbs that were used on the British Ford Zephyr? If so UK Ford club might be able to offer some advice. Any Alpiners here also a member of a UK club for Zephyrs?

Regards,
Paul.

Paul, AlpineRacer is Eric.
But yes, the 42WIP/A came on a bunch of fords with inline six engines.

As I told Eric in a PM, I am pretty sure that the mounting detail for the 42 is not the same as the 36, making retrofit unattractive compared to karbs like the 40 and 44 kadron, which have the same mounting base as the solex carbs all these other apps copied.

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oops, sorry, getting my Alpines and Rootes mixed up there. Thanks for replying though Jarrid, best of luck with your quest Eric.
Regards,
Paul.