• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

YouTube discovery

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I thought I would have a look at the Sunbeam Tiger videos that people have posted and I saw a video that looked familiar to me. On opening the video, to my surprise I found some video footage of my Tiger on the dyno and me stand there watching for the Hp figure. I'm pretty sure I know the person who posted it, but it was a surprise :eek: . Anyone else ever stumbled across their car somewhere for the whole world to see unbeknown to them?

Regards, Robin.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I remember doing a "Google Images" search for "Sunbeam Rapier" and finding a pic of my car on the auto.howstuffworks.com site. Another search for "Sunbeam Alpine" found my Alpine on www.motorbase.com.

wipeout

Donation Time
yeah....I had the same thing happen to me...but it had nothing to do with cars....how embarrassing... :eek: :eek::rolleyes::D

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Many years ago I was surprised to find a couple of my cars used as example photos in this book, below. I had sent the photos to the respective clubs, for some purpose or another, and sure enough they ended up being sent to the publisher. I was angry at the time - after all, they didn't even send me one of the books(!) - but as time has passed now, I don't really care... shirt happens.

Michael Sedgwick's "Classic and Sportscar A-Z OF CARS, 1945-1970"

51HYVWZXNDL._SS500_.jpg

howard

Donation Time
Kevin- Consider it an honor and a compliment. (But they really should've asked permission and sent you a copy... and given you mention in the credits.)

(And a nice royalty check.):)

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks.. yeah, in retrospect that's the way I've tried to look at it. But it really irked me to have to buy a copy of the stinking book... and I guess it still does.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi,

I thought I would have a look at the Sunbeam Tiger videos that people have posted and I saw a video that looked familiar to me. On opening the video, to my surprise I found some video footage of my Tiger on the dyno and me stand there watching for the Hp figure. I'm pretty sure I know the person who posted it, but it was a surprise :eek: . Anyone else ever stumbled across their car somewhere for the whole world to see unbeknown to them?

Regards, Robin.

what we dont know is.. Rob.. do you want the video on there.. or would prefer it not be?..

64beam

Donation Time
what we dont know is.. Rob.. do you want the video on there.. or would prefer it not be?..

Hi Michael,

As I stated, I was surprised to see a video of the Tiger but at the end of the day it's not my bank account details shown to the whole world. I'm happy for it to stay.

Regards, Robin.

ladybeamer

Donation Time
HTML:
yeah....I had the same thing happen to me...but it had nothing to do with cars....how embarrassing...
We want the link to this one;)

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Something Similar

I googled my name and my cars pictures pop up from seveal local car shows, and this Scenic Road Rally website were I was in some rally's at Sunbeam Invasions. Every one should try this just to see if you posted something that might shock your family!

Donna
:D

atallamcs

Donation Time
Magazine

Yup, same thing happened to me. I went to the mail box a few years back and found my latest copy of British Car Magazine. And on the cover were both my cars and a full length article inside. Now that is weird--shouldn't they have asked me???
Bill

socorob

Donation Time
Bill, I just read an article today on classic motorsports website that I think was you. Was your sunbeam in a classic roadster shootout?

atallamcs

Donation Time
shoot out

Yes it was. And had I voted for myself we would have won--and been on the cover. It sure was fun.
Bill