• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

You Learn Something Every Day

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Was killing time in an O'Riley's, really wanted a double pole, single throw switch with a nice looking handle. Nada. The young guy behind the counter got out the books, started bragging about all the parts they could provide outside of the computer. I asked about a Sunbeam Alpine. That got him.

Anyway, he said he was interested in the cars from the 20's and 30's, especially Fords. Mentioned the Ford 60. I told him I saw one in a junkyard when I was a kid, was very impressed with it tiny size, maybe 16-18" long. He said no, the 60 was surprisingly large, about two feet long. Almost the size of an 85. Maybe I was looking at a Chevy flathead V8 that was produced in 1942-43.

As stated in the title, learn something every day.

Bill

tfctpa

Donation Time
Radio Shack carries a few nice looking ones (fairley reasonable). However if you want some high tech ones look at the nkk s1al locking toggle switches. These are available from digikey.com