• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

You can't make this kind of thing up!

Nickodell

Donation Time
Stores in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country near us do a roaring trade in picture post cards featuring the three neighboring towns of Bird in Hand, Blue Ball and Intercourse (I'm NOT making these up, you can check online), and the last-named town's tiny post office is busy during the tourist season hand-stamping letters and postcards people send to their friends and family with Intercourse.

Then someone has to spoil it!

Intercourse2.jpg

howard

Donation Time
Hey Nick- we've got our shared of crazy names in Arkansas, too. While I lived in Conway, I was in easy reach of Toad Suck, Pickles Gap, and Wooly Hollow. Nothing as suggestive as Intercourse, mind you, but still makes you read your map a couple of times just to make sure you read it right!

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
The state just south of us, Oregon is the home of such excitement that one town is named Boring and another Drain. Of course, we are not to be out done in sports teams, the Grays Harbor Community College (Washington state area) mascot is the Chokers. (It is a logging reference but still...)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
How about French Lick, Indiana? You know what they say about Indiana, South Bend is up north, North Vernon is down south and French Lick is a big disappointment.

Bill