• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

You can't fix stupid

A

AutoX47

Excuse my ignorance but what's the problem? I've never seen one so ... :)

Jim E

Donation Time
The alloy pan is off a Fastback Alpine, nice piece but nothing to do with LAT, which were Tiger options and I supose you could have had some of the non-Tiger specific drive train stuff put on an Alpine, wheels and such. You can fit the Alloy GT pan to a series Alpine you just have to do a few mods to get it bolted on.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Yea! If you don't have the bolts for this oil pan it is hard to fit it to your car, I have one on my Alpine V, there are some special bolts that if you don't get the original ones they would be hard to spec. out from a nut and bolt supplier.:cool:

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Yea! If you don't have the bolts for this oil pan it is hard to fit it to your car, I have one on my Alpine V, there are some special bolts that if you don't get the original ones they would be hard to spec. out from a nut and bolt supplier.:cool:

The bulk of the bolts are basic off the shelf stuff, the two rear bolts would be a problem, but I used threaded stainless rod, which works just fine.

A

AutoX47

You have me thinking :D

He doesn't say how much shipping and he wants a certified check in the mail, though, so someone else can have that one.

For the studs on the valve cover I had to buy stainless rods and cut & thread them too - those were the only hardware between the engine and the front suspension I wasn't able to get

Jim E

Donation Time
I like that the alloy pans have removable baffels, they just screw in, easy to clean the sump. Often the baffles for these pans are missing.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I like that the alloy pans have removable baffels, they just screw in, easy to clean the sump. Often the baffles for these pans are missing.

If you don't locktite those screws, they can easily unscrew. I suspect the baffles that are often missing came loose and were smashed by the crank.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
They also seep oil! Very porous (sp)?
I did bake one off once several times, bead blasting between baking to get rid of the oil. I then powder coated it with clear, inside and out. Very nice finished piece. But then I discovered what all you are talking about and fitting it was a hassle so I sold it.

But NOT as an LAT option! :D

alpine_64

Donation Time
They also seep oil! Very porous (sp)?
I did bake one off once several times, bead blasting between baking to get rid of the oil. I then powder coated it with clear, inside and out. Very nice finished piece. But then I discovered what all you are talking about and fitting it was a hassle so I sold it.

But NOT as an LAT option! :D

I remember that sump on ebay paul... was a really nice peice.. think it went to the owner of a nicely restored Harrington and Tiger...