• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Yoo Hoo!

Nickodell

Donation Time
This is an unashamed blowing of my own trumpet (but, as Oscar Wilde said, what else is a trumpet for?):)

The September issue of Aviation History is now out, with my article as the main one and also the front cover feature.

Inverter001-1.jpg

The Mustang is shown on the cover because only with the Merlin did it become arguably the best fighter in WWII.

Inverter002.jpg

The article covers 6 pages after the title page shown here.

Those of you who requested copies but haven't given me their mailing addresses, please do now.

Woo hoo!:D

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Very nice Nick, Is the article available on line also ?

Keep up the good work :D

Tom j

wipeout

Donation Time
No, you have to buy a copy! How else would we writers get the big bucks?

Writers get big bucks? Damn...I've been writing in forums for thirteen years and havn't seen a cent. :p

Congrats dude....very nice article.

Any chance of getting an autographed mag hand delivered?

;)

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Very nice Nick
I don't have a beach front condo but just a couple of minutes away from the gravel pits.On the other hand 60 minutes away from Grand Beach which is in the top 10 beaches.

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
I will make it a point to locate a copy. I am a confirmed Mustang-a-holic. My living room's theme is P-51 Mustangs, art, models, even the ceiling fan.

Oh the sound of that Merlin.......

I very much look forward to your article.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I received my copy of "Aviation History" this morning and have just read Nick's excellent feature on the Merlin engine. Thanks Nick, and congratulations on a very well-researched Article. Tony.