• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WTD: 1725 cam retainer and main bearing bolt

kenny_ii

Donation Time
I just got my SV engine apart and need at least two things. I broke the camshaft retaining plate trying to get the cam gear off. I also had one of the long front main bearing cap bolts gall the threads on the way out. I'm assuming I can save the block, but I'll need a bolt for sure.

Any help is appreciated.
Tim

kenny_ii

Donation Time
Thanks for the info. I see the cam retainer, but not the main bearing bolt. I'll call Rick and ask about that one.

Tim

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Thanks for the info. I see the cam retainer, but not the main bearing bolt. I'll call Rick and ask about that one.

Tim

Ive always been surprised at the stuff Rick has on hand that not in the catalog.

Be sure to correct the reason that the previous fastener galled so as not to have a repeat.