• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WTB SV intake manifold

msmoorenburg

Donation Time
I'm looking for a intake for a 1725 motor. I've decided to dive down the fuel injection route and i need another intake.

anduril3019

Donation Time
I've got a manifold. Would you be interested in trading for any of your SI parts?

Such as:
Ammeter
Clock
Heater fan
Front window guides
Door handles
Trunk hinges
Anything else interesting?

You said the car is rusty, so I figure the chrome is shot but hopefully repairable.

msmoorenburg

Donation Time
I've got a manifold. Would you be interested in trading for any of your SI parts?

Such as:
Ammeter
Clock
Heater fan
Front window guides
Door handles
Trunk hinges
Anything else interesting?

You said the car is rusty, so I figure the chrome is shot but hopefully repairable.

I'll dig through the parts bins and see what I have. It was just removed from storage. It was tore down when I picked it up 10 years ago

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The SV intake is by far the WORST intake to inject an alpine.
This because it has 2 siamesed carb ports and no place to mount port injector bungs.

The best is a SIII/IV with the 2bbl solex.

I took an SII intake and cut it down to the runners and welded a plenum to it with a single GM V6 throttle body.

It has 4 injector bungs welded in the runners and a fuel rail ready to go.

The engine produces about 105HP (85 at the wheels) with an otherwise stock 1725 engine.

This intake is available should you wish to save a HUGE amount of time.

I have moved on to ITBs on my engine.

msmoorenburg

Donation Time
The SV intake is by far the WORST intake to inject an alpine.
This because it has 2 siamesed carb ports and no place to mount port injector bungs.

The best is a SIII/IV with the 2bbl solex.

I took an SII intake and cut it down to the runners and welded a plenum to it with a single GM V6 throttle body.

It has 4 injector bungs welded in the runners and a fuel rail ready to go.

The engine produces about 105HP (85 at the wheels) with an otherwise stock 1725 engine.

This intake is available should you wish to save a HUGE amount of time.

I have moved on to ITBs on my engine.

I have a SIV intake too. I plan on looking into a itb's like this. I really just need a flange to start with.

http://www.socalmotoparts.com/listingfactory/112111g24saa/images/pic065_417338_thumb.jpg

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Mind you ITBs (without plenum) will be nearly impossible to tune unless its 100% TPS mapped (alpha N).

Great for a race car, very bad on the the street, with constant need of tweaking due to barometric and air temp/density changes.
BTDT

I'll be listing this proven intake soon.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
RR, is your modified SIII/IV intake a one-off, or part of an available "kit"?

I have some interest, too...

RootesRacer

Donation Time
RR, is your modified SIII/IV intake a one-off, or part of an available "kit"?

I have some interest, too...

Ken,

Its a SII intake (not that it matters since I cut off the twin carb section and welded onto that a box and throttle body flange).

A SIII/IV intake would look the same if treated similarly.

Its a one off, I will NEVER make another. Too time intensive when you can trade dollars for a twin weber intake and twin DCOE throttle bodies and save dozens of hours of time.

I ran it on the car for about 5 years before I went back to webers and now to weber style throttle bodies which bolt onto the twin weber intake.

The intake is ready to roll, just install 4 port style 19 lbs/hr gen 2 ford injectors and you are ready for up to 140bhp fuel demand. It includes the matching fuel rail (with 3bar regulator), a large GM throttle body, its TPS wiring stub, stock GM IAC motor, the manifold itself with the port injector bungs welded on.
The throttle body has a simple mount which I used for a throttle cable (nothing fancy but it did work well).

I can also make you a sweet deal on one of my ECUs to control it.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Sounds interesting... and it's a long, cold winter... :D
While I remain keenly interested in this, I consider myself second in line to the OP, msmoorenburg. I'll step back and observe that dialog, for now.

Thanks!

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Sounds interesting... and it's a long, cold winter... :D
While I remain keenly interested in this, I consider myself second in line to the OP, msmoorenburg. I'll step back and observe that dialog, for now.

Thanks!

My manifold is first come first served.
Its been sold 2 other times but never paid for...