• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Work finally underway! Part 2

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The right side rocker panel was damaged and peviously repaired. He felt it was easier to just cut out the damaged area and weld in a new section from a patch panel that I had 'in stock'.

And, finally, here is one of the fresh air vents salvaged from my parts car. The car will really be a SIV/SV hybrid. Maybe I should call it a S4.5?

Note he found a little rust just above the vent. Apparently, the factory missed a bit of seam sealer nearby and water worked its way in. The only other rust was behind the right rear wheel well, in the area that prompted a recall due to faulty seam sealing when the cars were new.

So, that will be it on my V6 posts for a while. The ironic part of the story is that after 8 years the car will finally be ready before I have a garage to put it it! We are working on plans and permits to add a new garage to our NY house, but expect that process to take close to a year. My guess is that he will be done well before that. I haven't decided what I will do about that yet, but stay tuned!

Thanks for indulging me while I waited for my flight. It is finally time to board, only an hour late.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim,

How exciting to get going on that project! Keep sending the updates. Hope it all goes well.

Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Me too!

Jim, I cut out the fresh air vents from a SV that was very, very rusty and beyond repair (economically) that will go into my '65 SIV GT. I think it is a great idea too;)

Glad you are making progress. Mine is still going slowly,

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks guys. In hindsight, it was stupid to break the photos into two threads. I should have just posted the second set of pictures as a second post on the first part and had everything together. I guess I wasn't thinking very clearly last night. I'll fix that now and delete this post later.